Tankalee - An Offtank Nidalee Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Allmightybob

06-05-2011

08/24/11 - Updated for recent Nidalee changes

Runes:
Greater Mark of Insight (9)
Greater Seal of Vitality (9)
Greater Glyph of Focus (9)
Greater Quintessence of Evasion (3)

Summoner Spells:
Flash
Exhaust

Masteries:
Offense (9)
Archmage's Savvy (3/3)
Cripple (1/1)
Sorcery (4/4)
Archaic Knowledge (1/1)

Utility (21)
Good Hands (3/3)
Perseverence (1/3)
Expanded Mind (4/4)
Greed (1/1)
Meditation (3/3)
Utility Mastery (1/2)
Quickness (3/3)
Blink of an Eye (1/1)
Intelligence (3/3)
Presence of the Master (1/1)

Core Items:
Mercury's Treads
Trinity Force
Banshee's Veil
Randuin's Omen

Optional Items:
Aegis of the Legion
Atma's Impaler
Sunfire Cape
Guardian Angel
Guinsoo's Rageblade (consider building after Trinity Force)
Quicksilver Sash
Rylai's Crystal Scepter
Soul Shroud
Shurelya's Reverie (consider starting with Regrowth Pendant and acquiring Philosopher's Stone early)
Void Staff
Warmog's Armor

Typically my optionals are Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Atma's Impaler or Guinsoo's Rageblade and Void Staff.

Build Order:
Boots of Speed -> Mercury's Treads -> Heart of Gold -> Sheen/Phage/Zeal -> Trinity Force -> Banshee's Veil -> Randuin's Omen

Inspired by Dufftime's offtank article.

Azaer

06-05-2011

This i gotta try

Yosihro

06-05-2011

Well this is a awesome Nidalee build but I can't really say I like it that much. I like how you want to focus on things that can save you in fight such as when you are being focus by others. I don't mind trying it but what can I say I can careless on some builds. I only build what can oppose the enemy team. But I will say again awesome build. Spot On!!!!

Yosihro

06-05-2011

Oh Yeah nice Masteries And runes choice.

Azaer

06-05-2011

Just tried it in a practice game (or my adaptation, still the same thing basically) went well

Trying it in a normal if my buddy will let me :P

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-06-2011

Why is everyone kissing this guy's butt for? I see no explanation whatsoever to the point of this build. Not even a link to the article that was so inspiring.

It might be possible to build her like this and do ok, but what for? Xin or Irelia is effectively Nid's cougar form on sterioids and will perform the role much better.

This build really doesn't even have much survivability till way late. Treads and Triforce's 250 health does not make an offtank.
It doesn't even take 21 defense or have any additional health in runes and masteries.

Azaer

06-06-2011

Off-builds are fun to try. Sue me.

Edit:
\/ I have lawyers D:<

Willis87

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaer View Post
Sue me.
Sue him!

Allmightybob

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
Why is everyone kissing this guy's butt for? I see no explanation whatsoever to the point of this build. Not even a link to the article that was so inspiring.

It might be possible to build her like this and do ok, but what for? Xin or Irelia is effectively Nid's cougar form on sterioids and will perform the role much better.

This build really doesn't even have much survivability till way late. Treads and Triforce's 250 health does not make an offtank.
It doesn't even take 21 defense or have any additional health in runes and masteries.
Here's Dufftime's offtank article:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...metagame-79701

You're not counting Heart of Gold which is another 250 health early. Why do you feel +500 hp is not an off tank? Health runes/Vet Scars have been questionable ever since their nerf. I'm not really sure why you would want to go 21 defense with this build. I find that the extra mana regen goes a long way in the early game vs. the health.

This is about about building towards being as strong as possible mid game (level 6-11) where Nid is typically dominating in cougar form. If you feel that Xin and Irelia fill this role better, please explain how.

Draghinaazzo

06-07-2011

If only nidalee had any form of cc, even a slow. What's the point of attacking the nidalee and getting slowed? She can't heal for ****. I can let her hit me all day.

Tankalee turns team fights into 4v5 because they can ignore you totally, and once your team is dead, it's 1v5 on you.