Dr Mundo and his fantastic regen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarthorn

06-04-2011

Just thought I'd post this out of curiosity as it's the first time I've actually encountered this.

Came against a Dr Mundo today who seemed to possess extremely great regen capabilities, as I know from experience, Mundo's ulti grants this....however.

I threw an ignite on Mundo, attacked him, and his regen just continued to carry on going perfectly fine as if I hadn't even thrown an ignite on him.

Now I'm aware Mundo's mechanic is his extremely good HP regen but is it supposed to allow him to potentially ignore an ignite?

But basically here is how my attack on Mundo went (using Vlad with a decent amount of AP 400+ and the mundo having no AP resistances other than natural resists):

Hemoplague
Ignite
Tides of Blood
Sanguine Pool
Transfusion

After the combo and the experiation of Hemo, the Mundo hadn't even dropped down past 3/4 of his lifebar despite the pretty heavy burst assault I'd put on him, all he had to do then was cleaver spam while I retreated, only just getting away thanks to Sanguine pool.

Now I'm aware how things work, some champs are better against other champs and the like, but coming against a mundo with the right setup and him having utterly NO mag resist other than natural and outhealing the damage while ignite is on him seems like there is a scaling issue on his ult to me.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe dealing with mundo means avoiding him while he is in his ult (which also has a pretty low CD) then attacking him + ignite once its done.

But yea, for me there seems to be an issue here and it isnt a pleasant one to encounter.

PrincessDerpy

06-04-2011

Of course, the important question, and the thing you're probably not gonna cough up is: what was his itemization?

(If it involves multiple warmogs, what on earth was he doing with that much money?)

Lafua

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
Of course, the important question, and the thing you're probably not gonna cough up is: what was his itemization?

(If it involves multiple warmogs, what on earth was he doing with that much money?)
He said he was a vlad with 400+ ap, and the mundo was a mundo without a shred of extra mr.

I find this very hard to believe, lol.

Jujubug

06-04-2011

A Warmogs combined with spirit visage makes his regen astounding (especially if he has a FoN and randuins aswell), but if he is itemizing for that much survivability the real question is why are you trying to kill him when if you keep him full health he does so much less damage? Thats time and abilities that could be spend killing his teammates because for the most part a defensive mundo is ignorable, at full health he does little damage aside from his cleavers which are mitigated by some good ol MR and hp5... while both arent neccesary and theres only one item that gives you a ton of both of those stats (Force of Nature, but still extremely easy to grab one of each stat in different items) it removes the majority of his damage and makes him ignorable like I said ^_^ hope this helped

Also burst damage helps to focus him down much better than the lower damage short cooldowns of Vlad. Its fun to see Cho'Gath Omnom a Mundo that just ulted and tried to run.

Akeatk

06-04-2011

vlad is kinda a burst mage, once u throw out ur skills, u stop dealing damage for a few seconds, that allows mundo to regen at least 10% if he just built random items even with the ignite on him.

Edit: when his ult is on that is

RinValak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-05-2011

If you're that strong in damage, and mundo is that strong in tank, then you shouldn't be attacking him.

Don't expect to be able to shred through someone built that hardcore tank. He must have had spirit's and 3 warmogs lol.

Basically just avoid him 1v1, and in teamfights ignore him.

EDIT: also, mundo's cleaver is exceptionally strong vs. Vlad

Tinytankz

06-05-2011

The real answer is that mundo goes where he pleases and he pleased himself to your funeral

Zarthorn

06-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynram View Post
He said he was a vlad with 400+ ap, and the mundo was a mundo without a shred of extra mr.

I find this very hard to believe, lol.
Well I inspected his gear, he was stacking AD DPS items rather than warmogs or anything like that, I'd managed to farm myself up on there Annie and Twitch since I was using wards and oracles to catch them unawares, the mundo however just seemed to be totally out of wack, even surviving a hemoplague nuke trigger with <2% hp remaining more than once throughout the match.

From what I'm gathering, it's highly possible this player was doing something a little more sinister the more I look at it as I've played Mundo and even played against other Mundo's and never seen a Mundo that could survive a heavily fed champs burst without the right defences.

Just a shame that some people would stoop to that level just to win in a pub match, but cheaters gonna cheat I guess, I'm not one to normally jump to that conclusion but the more I think about it, the more it seems that way.

Pibbish

06-05-2011

He probably used a Quicksilver Sash to dump the Hemo and Ignite.

Combined with Warmog+Spirit Visage, that's probably why you didn't take him down.

Dansef

06-05-2011

my question and theory is why are u trying to take a tank on 1v1, just bc you r a carry doesnt mean u can solo a tank thats there purpose to out last you. carry over other carrys but not a tank.