Counters to fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grisk1

03-27-2010

I am not a pro, but I usually try to burst him. If I know I can't, run like the wind, but he usually either goes down quickly or I'm gone.

Zunixx

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festian View Post
never go one on one with him unless you can out dps his heal on drain
Just a few tips from someone who's played fiddle quite a lot:

- Out-dpsing his drain is really easy, unless he has gone lots of drain early, which makes his laning suffer since low levels of dark wind.
- one on one he cant really hurt you except with drain, which will NOT kill you unless he is fed and lots of drain (usually not especially early game).
- His dark wind is almost useless 1v1 unless there is just like 1 minion around
- There is literally not much he can do to you. He can try to silence for 1,5 seconds with light damage, put 1-2 seconds of fear and try to drain. Nothing of this will kill you if you are equal, and he has nothing else. Just take him. For some reason everyone starts running away when fiddle starts draining. Most of the time this is really stupid, since his drain will still mostly complete (you take the same damage anyway), so you might just as well start hitting back and he will notice he is in trouble. If he's good, he will fear you and run and maybe get away. Or you will get a pretty easy kill.

Summarum: 1v1 fiddle cant really hurt you, unless he is really fed or a lot over your level / hp. You might have trouble taking him down also, but you might as well try, especially if you know his allies arent near.

Minnzy

03-27-2010

Being a draining fiddle I can say quite easilty I can out drain most heroes one on one, MR isn't THAT big of an issue for me unless it's 150+ (then i am screwed) what messes me up is

Ignite: The messing up my drain is annoying but I still tend to out damage the enemy but it CAN change the outcome
ANY form of knockback: many teams don't focus fiddle with knock back attacks but when they do... AHHHH
Saving the stun: Honestly something people NEVER do and it applies for more heroes like Nunu, save that stun to stop the channel of either the ulti OR life drain, don't stun thinking it's a good idea when any damage you'll do will just be healed when you're feared and drained after the stun
Don't be fooled: A fiddles greatest asset is trickery and a good team, I have a habit of staying in lane with semi low hp, I do this because foolish players think they can charge me, I either have a teammate nearby OR I know something you don't, never think you're save taking a fiddle alone, get help first

Eruend

03-27-2010

One more thing, if you don't have a stun handy, slow is the next best thing VS. Fiddle's ult.

Oh! And be prepared incase he jumps out of a bush or straight from the other side of a treeline with his ult active. Just being aware he can do those things will save you precious seconds on your reaction time even if you're in a bad spot. He's terrifying when he has the element of surprise, throwing the team in chaos, but if you see it coming, it can be dealt with.

precambria

03-27-2010

I just started playing fiddle he seems pretty easy to counter and is very bad in a gank attempt unless you get rolled up on by a fed sticks and get caught in a fear/ult in which case cleanse.or quicksilver sash and use your escape ability.