Counters to fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Festian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2010

Nothing specific like "stun him" or "choose this character". I'm just asking if there are any general strategies for fighting against him.

The problem I have with fiddlesticks is that you can't ignore any of his spells and that all his spells last quite a while. You have to be actively trying to prevent the negative sideeffects while his spells are in play. It doesn't help that he also has decently short cooldowns.

The only things that I have figured out so far is that to stay away from nearby allies when he's around (which makes laning kinda hard), to never go one on one with him unless you can out dps his heal on drain, and to go for magic resist early. I guess ganking him and keeping him weak early game would help too but most of the time people won't answer to gank pings until after level 8 or so.

Any other suggestions?

VortexMagus

03-25-2010

Stay slightly split up, and if he charges in have your team run away in different directions, don't let everyone run in the same direction - such a common, stupid mistake.

Bring flash.

Ensure your team composition has cc that can stop fiddle from channeling (ASHE GLOBAL STUNS YESSSSS).

Bring clairvoyance and buy wards so that your team can detect ambushes and gank the **** out of fiddle.

More detail on above: two wards bought at the start of the game is almost always an easy fiddle firstblood - ward up the golems.

Characters like ali and trist make fiddle ult almost useless. Just be ready to push him with headbutt or burst shot before he actually arrives on the scene and your team can be halfway to the moon by the time he gets back to the battlefield.

Don't fight him 1v1 unless you're absolutely sure you'll kill him. He might not be able to kill you alone, but a good fiddle can almost always survive with fear and drain until his allies arrive.

Balonar

03-26-2010

Cleanse + Ghost

Gigg

03-26-2010

Poppy/Alistar/Tristanna/insert push back abilities here

roninsm

03-26-2010

buy Magic resist.

Fiddle5ticks

03-27-2010

Wards and CV are probably the best thing. Also when a team fight starts up you can generally predict which hiding spot he might be channeling from and try to jump him. If he does suddenly appear though, you should FF him. The damage he does is applied over time and he is relatively squishy so if you can just kill him quickly, it should save some teammates from dying.

Vindico Atrum

03-27-2010

Run devil run.

Phi Trigger

03-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festian View Post
Nothing specific like "stun him" or "choose this character". I'm just asking if there are any general strategies for fighting against him.

The problem I have with fiddlesticks is that you can't ignore any of his spells and that all his spells last quite a while. You have to be actively trying to prevent the negative sideeffects while his spells are in play. It doesn't help that he also has decently short cooldowns.

The only things that I have figured out so far is that to stay away from nearby allies when he's around (which makes laning kinda hard), to never go one on one with him unless you can out dps his heal on drain, and to go for magic resist early. I guess ganking him and keeping him weak early game would help too but most of the time people won't answer to gank pings until after level 8 or so.

Any other suggestions?
Clairvoyance and wards. And flash. Flash next to his hiding spot, and kill him before ult.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2010

If you have Teemo or Nidalee, have them put Shrooms, Bushwacks where Fiddle might charge his ult, usually bushes and behind walls. Cheap wards could be used for this too, but arent free. Just being aware of where he is is the best way to counter him.

Evernight

03-27-2010

I am going to assume you are against a fairly fed sticks because an average or crappy sticks can easily be countered by focus fire and MR.

If you see a stix getting fed (or a few stacks on SS) you need to adjust your team fight strat in general. Don't push on them unless you KNOW where sticks and co. is.

YOU crash on them, not them onto you. Sticks will have a very rough time using his ult if he doesn't have the jump on you.

No other hero can shift the dynamic of team fights quite like sticks - but no other hero gets shut down when played properly against like Sticks.