Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Malady

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaz3king

03-28-2010

Malady isnt bad on twitch if thats one of the few att speed items you get. It's cheap good for early game tiwtch cause it gives decent life steal and also i stack expunge first so its great for that. After a malady i go pure dammage and maybe a blood razor in there 2 depending on tanks.

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-28-2010

Quote:
Blaz3king:
Malady isnt bad on twitch if thats one of the few att speed items you get. It's cheap good for early game tiwtch cause it gives decent life steal and also i stack expunge first so its great for that. After a malady i go pure dammage and maybe a blood razor in there 2 depending on tanks.

Their point was that for the money, not getting the malady and getting a recurve bow and a vamp sceptor is better. Not only for the money, but you can use the recurve in building other items.

Blumfan

03-29-2010

Quote:
BruceRawrz:
yea if you think malady sucks your either 1. a noob 2. a dumbass or 3. both a & b i got to level 30 in like no time. i stack malady on ALLLL my champs except the ap ones obvs. and i get people scared of me when we start and they leave. wtf tf ill wreck anyone easy. tf + 3 malady = carry i didn't even need my team i fought twitch and all those op champs and beat em in less then a second also it was a game with high leveled summoners. malady is pwn.

I'm sure you did! You should stop playing against bots though.

Fact: Malady's passive does not stack, so buying three is very pointless; Why not get one malady and a Starks or a Bloodthirster?

Dunker

Recruiter

03-29-2010

thread autor = fail

EasymodeX

03-29-2010

Quote:
And if you already know someone else is rushing Stark's, and you don't need/want LW because you are doing a Armor Reduction build, rather than Armor Pen?

Then you get SotD or Zeal or Rageblade or Mandred's or Wit's End, or you still get LW because LW rapes.

Or you spend your $ on a Black Cleaver for debuff stacking, because as we already established, 1 BF Sword > Malady.

For Udyr? Make a Rageblade or Mandred's or SotD (particularly if they have a Jax/Udyr/Sivir) and make your leech stick into a Bloodthirster. Or just let it sit until the end of the game.

Quote:
At 1.3 attack speed, you are adding 42 DPS from the passive. Yes, it must ramp up, but it's only a couple of seconds before it brings you up to comparable DPS to the BF.

By "a couple of seconds to ramp up", you mean 4 seconds before it's vaguely worth its existence. In 4 seconds, Ryze has killed you. Twice. In 4 seconds, the enemy has dodged into a bush and flashed.

In 4 seconds, Shen has unloaded 250 burst damage, then is kiting you until his cooldowns are up.

What kind of ****** is going to let you autoattack them for 4 seconds before figuring out that you are likely to win the engagement, if the engagement is to your advantage?

Ebonclaw

03-29-2010

You really are impossible. I don't understand how people get so narrow minded.

Quote:
EasymodeX:
Then you get SotD or Zeal or Rageblade or Mandred's or Wit's End, or you still get LW because LW rapes.

Here is the fundamental problem with your argument on other choices. Ranged DPS in particular will often make very good use of a Vamp Scepter as a starting item. This means from first spawn, your cost to completion of Malady is 1440g. Maybe you want to argue that Vamp + Zeal is still better than Malady in all cases, but it still goes to your motives - someone who intends to jungle a bit will benefit more from Malady, whereas a ganker could make better use of the 8% run speed. Any other item comparison is luxuriant, and must come with an appropriate increase to the Malady side of the equation to balance out the 450g spent in either case. For example, you could complete Malady + Longsword or Ruby, when someone else has Vamp + BFS. And just to clarify, minutae in sterile math doesn't count. You have to take into account champion mechanics as well, or you're just blowing smoke. I'm not trying to argue that Malady is conclusively BETTER than anything, merely that it CAN be viable.

Quote:
EasymodeX:
Or you spend your $ on a Black Cleaver for debuff stacking, because as we already established, 1 BF Sword > Malady.

You keep acting like you've proven something, when you in fact have not. Do you even know what mathematical proof is? In such a complex system as LoL, it will not look like 'A+B=C'. All variables must be accounted for, and I can assure you, neither of us can produce that complexity of equations for 1 champ, let alone 40+.

Quote:
EasymodeX:
For Udyr? Make a Rageblade or Mandred's or SotD (particularly if they have a Jax/Udyr/Sivir) and make your leech stick into a Bloodthirster. Or just let it sit until the end of the game.

Early game, Udyr is particular benefits from raw attack speed more than almost any other champ. He has a built-in on-attack proc whose damage is increased easiest through increasing the frequency of proc. Since he also is starting with Vamp (I believe?) then he is in that '1440g to complete Malady' crowd, and it becomes a very tempting upgrade.

Quote:
EasymodeX:
By "a couple of seconds to ramp up", you mean 4 seconds before it's vaguely worth its existence. In 4 seconds, Ryze has killed you. Twice. In 4 seconds, the enemy has dodged into a bush and flashed.

So Ryze killing you in 2 seconds is simply a given. Gosh, and your BF Sword is going to allow you to kill him in less than 2 seconds? You do understand what a straw man is, yes?

Quote:
EasymodeX:
In 4 seconds, Shen has unloaded 250 burst damage, then is kiting you until his cooldowns are up.

How fortunate for him that I do not any special abilities! Wait....

Quote:
EasymodeX:
What kind of ****** is going to let you autoattack them for 4 seconds before figuring out that you are likely to win the engagement, if the engagement is to your advantage?

Maybe the same sort of.... guy.... who bought a BF Sword, and for the first couple of seconds (by YOUR math it does not have reach 6 stacks have comparable DPS to BF, and in fact, surpasses that DPS at full stacks, AND we're 2v2 here, remember?) outdamages you, then by the time you're fully stacked, you are solidly outdamaging HIM, and he is too low on HP to escape. But I bet there's no one like that, no one who is totally proud of his presumptions, and thinks that BF Sword is HANDS DOWN superior to Malady, and thus will RAGE if he loses that fight, because he can't possibly lose that fight. Right?

OmniOblivion

03-29-2010

Quote:
FeLpZ:
So am i the only sane person who sees how terrible this item really is?

most people who i ask why they bought it, say "OMG HURR ATTACK SPEED AND LIFESTEAL ON IN ONE DURRR". i guess they forget that they spend what, 750g on one of the most worthless uniques in the game?

I use it really only for Teemo because of his Toxic Darts. His poison can harass a player very well, so that's the reason why I get it for Teemo.

But other than that, there are better Life Steal items (Emblem of Valor is by far, my favorite and best early game Life Steal item). And Berserker's will give movement and Atk Spd.