Comparing Demigod to League of Legends

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigNolte

03-26-2010

Now i played demigod at launch but i stopped because, well everyone one here says matchmaking is broke in LoL but they clearly never played demigod because at least in LoL when you wanted to play a game you could get into a game. sure GPG finally fixed the problem "i think" i say that because i lost interest in playing it as soon as LoL came out. demigods had a lot of potential but it just never took off. and you can now buy it for about 5 bucks. so if your bored and want to try something else for a couple days go for it its cheap enough.

MattM3ister

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knote View Post
This is why the game was boring.

I wish it didn't suck, because I LOVED the graphics and theme of everything.

But you had 8 heroes (when I played it), each with very uninteresting abilities.

Let me remember...

The healing chick on the tiger.
  • She had a heal, it healed your health...
  • Had a melee ranged nuke, it did dmg.
  • Umm.... summon some yetis, they had decent hp, and hit stuff..
  • An aura to reduce cooldowns i think?
  • An aura that gave hp regen.
Then the Rook guy who was someone interesting. HUGE walking man-castle.

• Passive that had archers on your shoulder passively shoot stuff
  • Hammer ground strike that took a little while to cast but did ALOT of dmg if it directly hit
  • Could spawn a turret which seemed to be like 70% of a normal turret maybe weaker
  • Had Nunu's version of Minion Eating but for buildings, could heal from his own turrets.
  • I think a catapult version of the archer ability.
Then there was the evil faerie chick who's theme and look was AWSOME! She rode in a giant flower carried by giant beetles, and could go into 2 different modes, a blossom flower which she was visible, and a closed flower where she was hidden.

She had different benefits and stats and abilities for each mode, like Open flower was more squishy caster, and closed was more defensive summoner. But again her abilities were dull.

Open Flower
  • I believe it was a shockwave nuke, kind of like Ezreal's Ult (not global though) and it slowed I think
  • A pbaoe nuke that reduced armor I believe.
  • Abilities looked amazing btw, a cascade of giant thorn-spikes.
Closed Flower
  • Summoned a shambler thing, kind of a moss-like, vine covered I think it was ranged sort of, and had penetrating auto attacks like twitch I think, but short.
  • A shield, basically Janna's shield with no dmg buff.
  • Could kill a pet for health I think.
  • Could detonate a pet for aoe dmg I think.
So yeah something like that.

Then there was this Crossbow-Angel guy. Some basic stuff.
  • Auto attacks could gain longer range, and apply Nidalee's Trap Debuff for vision.
  • A long very long ranged, targeted, nuke with a long cast time and did more dmg the further away they were (I felt it was kinda imba)
  • A mine, it blew up and did dmg...
  • Could toggle a buff like Ashe's Frost Arrow for extra dmg.
You get the idea, alot of abilities were pretty uninteresting, and they had too few heroes which is why the game was boring to me, that and multiplayer issues lol.
lol wut?

you just took a heap of awesome, interesting abilities and described them in the most boring way you could? i mean, "Passive that had archers on your shoulder passively shoot stuff" thats just awesome. a giant walking castle that has archers and trebuchets on his shoulders along with the ability to pull mini towers out of the ground and ground slam with a hammer is some sweet ass abilities. LoL got a heap of its char ideas from Demogod, i am a massive LoL fan but i started playing Demigod a couple of days ago and with some of the champs abilities im just sitting there stunned at how similar they are to certain champs. you guys should try it, for online and competetive lay LoL wins hands down but for a LAN game Demigod is so addictive. it just has too many broken abilities and chars.

Knote

10-07-2010

Incredibly beautiful game. Really few hero choices and the abilities were too simple/boring for my taste. =[

I Love God

10-07-2010

Demigod got boring after I achieved something like 95% win ratio in that game playing with and against the top players at that time.

Then no one plays with my team after the patch where they display your stats because they are too scared to go against people with such high win %.