Why do Tears of the Godess and Archangels Staff work differently?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mugaaz

05-26-2011

For the mana increasing ability? Tears is 2 ticks per 6 seconds Staff is one tick then a 3 second CD.

I don't understand why they are different, and even if they are, isn't tear's version superior? People are much more likely to use 2 abilities in quick succession than even spaced every 3 seconds when any sort of action is going on.

This isn't super important or anything, but I'm curious.

JayceJa

05-26-2011

from what ive heard, thats just a tooltip, both function the same in practice
just like how archangel's doesnt show the cap in the tooltip, but its still there

Ebonclaw

05-26-2011

RIOT had a thing for making everything slightly different. Kind of like how Sheen always had a 3 sec CD, but Trinity didn't list one, yet had one, yet would save up a few procs, which would give it ridiculous burst if you could cast>attack>cast>attack>cast>attack in rapid succession.

Professor Hawk

05-27-2011

AA and ToG have a reservoir system. If you haven't cast any spells for the last 6 seconds you can then cast 2 spells at the same time and recieve 2 stacks. Then you can get another single stack after 3 seconds.

Bntyhunter7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

does this mean that you can get archangel's and tears to stack for +2k mana?

neocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bntyhunter7 View Post
does this mean that you can get archangel's and tears to stack for +2k mana?
nope, Both are Unique

MercurTears

06-03-2011

Then i have a question...(dont judge)
wouldn't you want to max your stacks from tear then proceed to upgrade to Archangel's Staff? therefore knowing you have the cap on one, before you proceed to the next?

i just thought thats how it worked...

Zeig Blazewind

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercurTears View Post
Then i have a question...(dont judge)
wouldn't you want to max your stacks from tear then proceed to upgrade to Archangel's Staff? therefore knowing you have the cap on one, before you proceed to the next?

i just thought thats how it worked...
The cap applies to all of the items at once, not just a single one. This, and maxing it is nearly impossible in a normal game: At minimum, maxing a single Tear would require you to be spamming spells every three seconds, which at minimum would take 12.5 minutes. Consider that your tear will probably come around the 5 minute mark, and considering the amount of time you'll be running around or out of mana or dead, you won't max it until maybe 30 minutes at the absolute earliest.