Hybrid Janna FTW

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thaamericandream

03-25-2010

I am going to keep this short and sweet. I am assuming you know all of Janna's skills. This guide is for Janna the hybrid support/dps.

Item Build:
Meki + 2 pots.
Chalice
Zerker boots
Nashors Tooth
Trinity Force
If the game progresses this far I get Phantom Dancer (movement speed good lord), Runeblade (hybrid duh), or Banshee's Veil if I really need it.

So far as runes go I use health Quint. and then a mix of mana and mana regen. I end up with about 5 regen/ 5 sec and 120 mana. This gives me survivability in the beginning and a strong lane presence for as long as I need to be there.

I always use heal and teleport for my spells. Just my personal favorites on most non tank characters.

Lvl 1 I have been using Eye of The Storm. It makes me more powerful for harassing but the big benefit is killing creeps and avoiding damage.
Lvl 2 I get W skill. The slow is awesome.
From here I usually do
3: E
4: W
5: Q
6: R
7: W
8: E
9: W
10: E
11: W
12: E
13: R
14: Q
15: Q
16: R
17: Q
18: R

The key is to utilize your W skill to slow and harass. After I get chalice I almost never run out of mana and keep E on me at all times. During team battles I will occasionally use E to save a teammate, but it usually saves my ass most of the time. Q is great early on to escape if you are being chased. Casting it quickly and releasing it for an early stun will give you the distance to get away. If Q fails I will pop R to send the enemies flying back and quickly run instead of letting the spell run for the duration.
Team battles require careful use of R because you can knock near dead enemies away from your grp. I tend to use it during a lull in the battle to heal my teammates or to knock an enemy behind our defenses if I can. Otherwise I NEVER use R unless completely necessary.
Your biggest help to your team is your slow and stun. When you get trinity you have the additional DMG and slow. You are fast enough that no one can escape unless they have a turret or an ally nearby for the assist.

I have found this build and play style to be best for PUG's because I can support my crappy teammates and still do good dps and have crazy survivability. Yet to test in premades but I assume it would work well. When I do premades most of us are over 300 wins. Good Luck. Let me know if this build works for you.
As of now I won 14 of my last 15 games with this strat and build.

PomPom

03-26-2010

i usually go:
-brawlers gloves -upgrade to avarice blade for the extra $$$
-zerk boots next
-Zeal (Later upgrade to PD)
-Phage
-Nashors Tooth (usually game ends here)

it's not a perfect build, but it slows in addition to your W skill, and the gameplay is more like a support DPS : /

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-26-2010

I usually throw in some AP as well like RoA or something, which gives her shield/W nuke a bit more power ... but yeah the concept is a good one. She can be quite handy if played right.

Spazzallo

03-26-2010

yeah

Xyirx

03-26-2010

I tried your build yesterday. It turns out to be quite a late gamer.

When you've got only Berserker's Boots and Chalice, you're still not doing enough damage, but when you're picking up Zeal (to build Tri Force) or Nashor's Tooth, she does better in game because of more DPS she offers to the team.

GgomaOppa

03-28-2010

This works rather nicely. I should play more games...