Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ANDRETHEGOD

05-02-2010

Golem buff + CD reduction items like Frozen Heart = lots of fun spamming Wild Cards, btw i only find them usefull at late game, when I have some good AP damage.

loneoutlaw

05-02-2010

Unfortunately I would never constitute Wild Cards as a "nuke" perse when they can just either A. step out of the way or B. take it in the face and be just fine because it deals **** damage. On the other hand, Stacked Deck+PaC does tons of damage that can't be sidestepped.

Kendouy

05-04-2010

Quote:
loneoutlaw:
Unfortunately I would never constitute Wild Cards as a "nuke" perse when they can just either A. step out of the way or B. take it in the face and be just fine because it deals **** damage. On the other hand, Stacked Deck+PaC does tons of damage that can't be sidestepped.

But it can be dodged! :P

05-06-2010

I love this guide, for two reasons. mostly because you have sword of the divine there and NO mention of malady (YAY!) but also the way you right it is great haha. Stack your deck whiel you stack your deck :P Lolz

(also that wild cards are useless and only learn them at level 13 - unless your being pushed hard and have to turret hug :P )

Also southern comfort YOU WIN!

Kinney

05-11-2010

Just came back to TF after a long break from him, and the Benadryl build is getting me some great results. I think the main thing I took away from it was to throw in some crit in addition to all the attack speed I'd been focusing on, and it's made a big difference. (Phantom Dancer is usually prohibitively expensive in most games, but I don't know why I never considered Zeal. I used to just stack attack speed and then rely on Madred's Bloodrazor for most of my damage.)

My rune setup is different - Armor Pen reds, mana regen yellows, CDR blues, and HP quints - mostly because CDR is a hugely underrated stat on TF and I feel he needs the survivability from the HP.

Also on the note of HP, it goes without saying that, should you find yourself with an excess of cash, upgrading your Phage to Frozen Mallet is never a bad idea.

Kinney

05-11-2010

Quote:
ANDRETHEGOD:
Golem buff + CD reduction items like Frozen Heart = lots of fun spamming Wild Cards, btw i only find them usefull at late game, when I have some good AP damage.
Wild Card is a crappy nuke. The real power of golem/CDR on TF is more Destiny uptime and faster Pick a Cards. You'll be **** glad you got that Gold Card just in time to nail that ******* who almost got away.

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

05-11-2010

Quote:
La Migra:

Also on the note of HP, it goes without saying that, should you find yourself with an excess of cash, upgrading your Phage to Frozen Mallet is never a bad idea.

Benadryl Jackson completely agrees with this.

Calcabrina

05-11-2010

thoughts on starting with vamp scepter and building it into starks? lifesteal can help you live longer in the lane, and the aura is decent.

YouFubar

05-11-2010

I applaud you dear sir. I just got twisted fate, and my first game was really rough because I didn't have your spectacular guide to follow. I am currently level 12 in League of Legends and definitely not the best player around. In my 2nd game, my team got into a bit of a predicament, 2 people went afk right from the beginning. The Teemo came back mid game, and caught up pretty fast. It was a well played game, with me and Katarina racking up quite a few kills and assists. The game lasted about 50 minutes before I ended up having an approx attack speed of 2.3 and a damage output of 175. I've found the yellow card to be great use even at low levels because it's easy to kill those pesky turret divers. Thank you sir, for showing me the greatness of the luck of the draw. (Final K/D/A 18/8/13).

I also have a question. What do you do when the enemy team has 2 casters and 3 melee? I had no idea what to do, so I grabbed Merc Treads, then started stacking attack speed items, then ended making a BloodRazor. It's hard to differentiate between leaning more to the caster side, and melee side. This game was against a Janna/Ryze, and Warwick, Shen, and a Poppy.

Nicholas Johnson

05-11-2010

Kinda like my build, but i feel my new added items really help

1st: Vamp scepter>malady=Rush ASAP
2nd:Boots depends on team though
3rd:This black beauty is way to good to pass up it's Divine sword
4th:Well this one is new for me, but it works the CD reduction, attack speed and its active is all good for TF
5th: game should be ending and if not get the all mighty infinity edge
6th:Well this varies on your needs i usually go phantom dancer, but never have a game this long.

This build is more skilled seeing as it no survival based but damage output maxed. You will burst so much damage that you can easily take down a tank and his friend if played right.