Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haelstrom

04-29-2010

Personally, after the new patch, I've been getting Doran's (x), Boots, Zeal, and then nabbing Ghostblade before Phage.

Holy **** is Ghostblade awesome on TF. I can't even put it into words. I know it's good on any melee DPS, but on TF, it's like.. ****-spray rain.

loneoutlaw

04-29-2010

Ghostblade seems awesome, but is it really worth it over items like SotD and/or passing up Phage for awhile? The passive on-hit for phage seems like a more reliable way of ganking than the active on Ghostblade. Ghostblade is also more expensive and the cost seems prohibitive at that point?

Change is hard

Haelstrom

04-29-2010

SoTD isn't as potent as it used to be though. Where as that Ghostblade gets me great attack speed, cool down reduction (combined with SD, hitting CDR cap is so **** easy), more crit-chance on my crit oriented build, armor pen, and his active is great as a turret destroyer, a huge fight breaker, or as a get-away mechanic. It's candy in sword form.

I've yet to not get several kills after obtaining a Ghostblade, and the components honestly aren't that expensive nor are they really bad to build to. Just not favorable before Zeal.

I know change is hard, but get used to it and you'll see why I like it. Fact, look up my profile on my last couple games using it. {Note I usually don't get 'Serker Greaves but once I'm dominating mid that badly, may as well.} It did me fine.

LuckoftheD

04-30-2010

The build I've found that works best is

boots + 3 potions
beserker's greaves
malady
infinity edge
last whisper
bloodthirster
bloodthirster

Deviating from this has always led to less favorable results.

loneoutlaw

04-30-2010

Ghostblade is pretty nutty, gives TF that small escape mechanism he needs

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

05-01-2010

Howdy y'all. Benadryl Jackson has been trying out this Yomunurosomethin's Ghostblade and I gotta say, this **** is awesome. However, I don't think it's an auto-buy. Like I've said before, the build you go with really depends on your opponents and how the game is flowing. That being said, I've found that getting Zeal first is still the way to go. If you're racking up kills (which you should be, really), feel free to grab the Ghostblade at any point after that, but otherwise I think it can wait until after Phage.

OrthodoxChaote

05-01-2010

I'm a big fan of zeal. I used to go Philosopher's Stone, then boots, zeal, Sword of the Divine.

I'm with the guy on the first page who argues for attack speed + Item/Stacked Deck procs for damage. However, while I know that everyone's talkin' mad **** about Malady, I've found that it works quite well for me. I do understand the arguments against it, but, so far it's been quite successful for me. I always solo mid on TF (it's what he's for) and have found that I can get away with keeping my HP up as long as I play intelligently.

I also think that there's value in maxing Wild Cards first. The reason I do this is because Stacked Deck is contingent on having attack speed items to proc it as often as possible. I use maxed wild cards for harassing, and more importantly level 6-9 ganking of mostly dead heroes who're escaping their lane. I Destiny into them at their tower, one shot them with Wild Cards then flash out. It works pretty well. I just think that it's worth doing because Stacked Deck requires items to be truly effective.

In case anyone cares my current item build (changed based on the game, but, ideally) Malady, Boots of Speed (upgraded based on enemy team), Zeal, Sword of the Divine, Last Whisper, Zeal > Phantom Dancer, Black Cleaver.

Games rarely last that long, but, when they do, once I get black-cleaver I can frequently kill someone before Gold Card ends. It's pretty funny.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on TF.

Benadryl Jackson

Recruiter

05-01-2010

Quote:
OrthodoxChaote:

I also think that there's value in maxing Wild Cards first. The reason I do this is because Stacked Deck is contingent on having attack speed items to proc it as often as possible. I use maxed wild cards for harassing, and more importantly level 6-9 ganking of mostly dead heroes who're escaping their lane. I Destiny into them at their tower, one shot them with Wild Cards then flash out. It works pretty well. I just think that it's worth doing because Stacked Deck requires items to be truly effective.

Boy you crazy. Leveling Stacked Deck gives you more attack speed, without items! Wild Cards aren't very good for harassing because anyone with half a brain will dodge them. You can harass way better with Pick a Cards and Stacked Deck. Even your little tower-ganking plan is inferior -- just queue up a gold card and a stacked deck and you'll be doing more damage than Wild Cards at any level.

ANDRETHEGOD

05-01-2010

Sometimes i like to level up Stacked Deck>Wild Cards>PaC, just for fun. When i do this i try to have a hybrid build and ofc, i level up PaC at my first level.

This only works at TT ofc, because there are alot of tiny walls and the lanes are pretty short

OrthodoxChaote

05-01-2010

Quote:
Benadryl Jackson:
Boy you crazy. Leveling Stacked Deck gives you more attack speed, without items! Wild Cards aren't very good for harassing because anyone with half a brain will dodge them. You can harass way better with Pick a Cards and Stacked Deck. Even your little tower-ganking plan is inferior -- just queue up a gold card and a stacked deck and you'll be doing more damage than Wild Cards at any level.

I dunno. I've tried it but just had much more success using Wild Cards for early game Destiny *****slapping. I do see what you're saying, I just personally have found that this works better. Part of the problem is speed. Maxxing Stacked Deck first will definitely get you the attack speed up quicker but when I port onto a tower (and like 90% of my early game ganks are at towers. Just how it is) I want to gold card, wild card and then get the **** outta there with the quickness. If I haveto throw even one extra physical attack it seriously increases my chances of a swift and terrible death from either them or the turret. I just don't see the extra couple levels of Stacked Deck and PAC to be enough to mitigate the strong one shot point blank nuke I get from Wild Cards.

Also I like throwing them into teamfights when people are too busy to dodge them. Got a few kills that way.