Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meeFalo

06-09-2010

Huge Edit:

I've been running SotD rush vs Zeal rush. I'm level 19 and I duo-queued with a level 30 buddy last night and found SotD did not work so well when the battles are not just fought allowing me to stand there getting all 4 attacks I needed every time.

Will test more, but I can see where the utility of Zeal and the ease and usefulness of making it may come into play.

Deofol

06-09-2010

Benadryl, do you have an opinion on whether the changes in the past patch actually change Twisted Fate's viability as AD or require a significant change in strategy? I haven't had time to play more than one game since then, and didn't notice a huge difference, but I'd like to hear an opinion from a more experienced and craftier TF player.

Mr Collie Man

06-09-2010

I've been playing TF ever since I got enough points to buy him, and I would either do really good or really bad in games. I tried out your build with a few tweaks of my own and I gotta say, it's a lot more dominant than the previous builds from other guides I've tried. I just scored 14 kills in a game where my other 4 teammates had scores in the ballpark of 1-11 (we got totally dominated), which is awesome because I mostly solo queue and hate relying on other people. Mind you, I'm only level 11 and am only receiving about 5% crit chance from runes, but even without the added benefit of being level 30, this is a **** good build. Thanks for the help and laughs Benadryl Jackson!

loneoutlaw

06-14-2010

Quote:
Deofol:
I haven't had time to play more than one game since then, and didn't notice a huge difference

I played a few games last night, and the changes weren't massive. 15% attack speed is incredibly small, and the damage nerf from stacked deck becomes less relevant as the game progresses. He just can't First Blood as well.

EDIT: A few games today as well, he literally doesn't feel any different.

A creep

06-19-2010

Hello

I've been playing LOL for the past few months (going on hiatus for a while due to college) and during my entire play through as TF (first hero I bought and still my main) I normally follow the AP build with a slight Atk Sp. mixed in, and Cool Down Reduction. I'll post my build/strategy, and would appreciate some pointers (mind I just became a level 13 summoner and still need improvement) on my build. Thanks in advance.

Well, to start things off, I would pick TF with the spells Ignite and Clarity (the former for damage and the latter for mana). When the game starts, depending on the lane I would go for Pick A Card or Wild Card (PaC = top or bottom lane; WC = mid lane).

The first items i would get would be Sapphire Crystal, Mana and Health Pots. I would quickly build up for a Sheen (to build up to Lich Bane) then followed by Boots of Speed (for Sorcerer Shoes). Depending on how well I'm doing I would go for either the Hextech Revolver (to build up to Hextech Gunblade), Stinger (for Nashor's Tooth), Findish Codex/Kage's Lucky Pick (for Deathfire Grasp), or Guinsoo's Rageblade.

The skills I would pick would follow WC or PaC for level 1 followed by the other by level 2. Then I would pick Stacked Deck and alternate with Wild Card and Destiny when it pops up. Then level up PaC when needed or until last.

The general strategy for my playing style would require shots with WC to whittle the health of the enemy then trying for a gank with PaC Gold followed by whatever I can lay down at the moment. I'm still fixing my strategy but for some reason it works (or maybe because my opponents are not so good as well). As you can see, my playing style requires precise aiming with WC, but when it hits, you see a good chunk of their HP disappear. If I can get an attack with Lich Bane activated then this is especially I do a bit more damage.

I mastered PaC, and I normally use the Gold cards with the Red to AoE hit the enemy when facing melee, Blue for last hitting or the occasional recharge or Tower Push. I use ignite to help damage wise and Clarity for staying power while laning (or the occasional baiting by pretending to have only enough mana for a single skill or no mana at all).

I would use Destiny when most or all enemy heroes are MIA for at least 2 - 4 minutes, and when using Gate I look for a hero who's alone (mind, a rather easy one to kill at the moment ranging from no mana, half or a third health gone) or during a clash near a bush.
I would pop in with a gold card, stun the guy, use any item I have (Hextech Gunblade and/or Deathfire Grasp) followed by Ignite (if charged) then WC, then smack with regular attacks until PaC coolsdown. If I have all my Cooldown Reduction items, then the cooldown should be roughly 3.66 seconds for both PaC and WC.

Oh, aside for the strategy pointer I would appreciate some tactics against heroes like Jax, Evelyn, Twitch, and Morganna.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Crannicus

06-19-2010

For Jax, your best counter-strategy is Sword of the Divine. Pop its active (in other words, put it in equipment slot 1 so you can just hit '1' to pop it) and your opponents cannot dodge your attacks for a limited time. In this span, hit the Jax with a gold card and dish as much damage as you can.

For Evelyn and Twitch, the best advice is to use Oracle Elixirs. Hopefully you will catch them off guard (play as though you don't know they are around until it's opportune to stun and pound on them.) Though this is a one-trick pony, it works relatively well and could be enough to deter them in future.

Morg is tricky. The key is avoiding her snare, or carrying cleanse to break out of it. Other than that, don't bother wasting gold cards on her spell shield.

Finally, make liberal use of the red card. The AoE damage/slow is incredibly useful, and it does more damage than gold card. Also (if you don't know this), use blue card to last-hit creeps for an instant refund of most of the mana cost.

Ellomdian

07-26-2010

I am not pro... so I tend to require a little more flexibility. The irony is that while TF isn't as good as he was in Beta in most ways, in some ways he is amazing.

Vamp seems to be the first purchase with a lot of TF builds now. I like it, but don't discount Doran's Pointy Stick. That boost of HP reallllly helps with early harassers.

Zeal, why aren't you just the default pop-up when I hit "Shop"? Amazing item, and constantly underrated. Makes chasing for that gold card kill much easier mid game, when other heroes aren't focused on MS. I also REALLY like MS Quint's.

I tend to use Crit Dmg, Dodge, and Cooldown Runes. And 9/0/21 Mastry - The Cooldown reduction is clutch for the following.

Really the only reason I am even writing - if you aren't setting yourself to up Destiny effectively 10-15 secs before it's CD, you are wasting it. Confirming situational awareness for team mates, keeping an eye on jungling heros, or just putting "The Fear" into your opponents makes this global one of the most strategic in the game. Yes, you can (and should) get ganks, constantly. But even in a retreat (without the slow, how I miss you....), Destiny helps team members dodge pursuers.

omgacow

07-26-2010

AP tf is still better.

AD tf is terrible, your attack range is pathetic for a ranged carry so in order to get into range you have to essentially kill yourself.

In the lane you have no lane control due to your terrible range, while wild cards give you incredible harassment potential and lane control AND farming capabilities.

Once you get a lich bane you have way more burst and alot more sustained dps

Khrimson

07-31-2010

Hmm. Someone asked this question earlier in the thread, and I see no one has answered. Why is lethality a bad place to stick points in?

aisoku

09-06-2010

my current item progression after talking to sir jackson himself is:
dorans [honestly, dorans whatever-fits-your-playstyle]
then boots, into merc treads [or when it fits, ninja tabi]
then ghostblade, starting with the right side of the items.
then starks.
then the game ends, im not a great farmer or last hitter, so this takes me some decent chunk of time, but boy does it work.