[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

Hm. Consensus on Hextech Gunblade?

Not a horrible gold-sink because you can build Bilgewater Cutlass first, but the rest:

Hextech Gunblade

• +45 Attack Damage
  • +55 Ability Power
  • +15% Life Steal
  • +12% Spell Vamp
  • UNIQUE Active: Deals 300 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (700 range). 60 second cooldown.
Mixed feelings on it. Clearly, the AP is useless, but the AD / life-steal's fine, and the active is pretty **** awesome given its potency and how frequent you can use it / its range. Run Exhaust as well + Red Card, peo-le're gonna have an even harder time getting away than before and the 300 magic damage is nice to throw heavy armor targets off their game..

..but I can't tell if it's worth the hefty price tag yet.

Crannicus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2010

Hey Benadryl.

So I've played a few games building to LW first, but it seems since they halved the AD bonus on everyone's favourite bow, it's less effective than it used to be.

I'm wondering, do you think SotD might be the sounder build item, now that LW appears to have been nerfed?

loneoutlaw

06-02-2010

The Bilgewater Cutlass doesn't even seem to be worth it. You can buy The Brutalizer and part of another item for the same price. I'm not sure the active is all that amazing either? The item's usefulness just seems limited to early-mid game at best.

Benadryl Jackson

06-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crannicus View Post
Hey Benadryl.

So I've played a few games building to LW first, but it seems since they halved the AD bonus on everyone's favourite bow, it's less effective than it used to be.

I'm wondering, do you think SotD might be the sounder build item, now that LW appears to have been nerfed?

No, I do not. Last Whisper does 10 less damage now? Benadryl Jackson doesn't give a ****, and neither should you.

truckin

06-04-2010

Requisite fanboi comment to say thanks to BJ for putting together a great guide. I had a full page of crit runes, but I've been slowly adding in things like dodge in the yellow and CDR/level in the blue and am enjoying the increased versatility.

Do you still rock a doran's item first? I seem to find that I have greater surrvivability, last-hit-ability, and general mobility if I go boots first and grab 3 HP pots. I can stay in the lane until level 6 easily, and with the increased move speed I can often assist top/bottom for a first blood gank and make it back to the lane in time for the first minion wave. Your thoughts?

Benadryl Jackson

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin View Post
Requisite fanboi comment to say thanks to BJ for putting together a great guide. I had a full page of crit runes, but I've been slowly adding in things like dodge in the yellow and CDR/level in the blue and am enjoying the increased versatility.

Do you still rock a doran's item first? I seem to find that I have greater surrvivability, last-hit-ability, and general mobility if I go boots first and grab 3 HP pots. I can stay in the lane until level 6 easily, and with the increased move speed I can often assist top/bottom for a first blood gank and make it back to the lane in time for the first minion wave. Your thoughts?

I recommend Doran's first for most people because it's the safest choice, and also because it's how I roll. However, if you're confident then by all means go with boots. It sounds like your play style is really aggressive, in which case boots are a great choice if you can pull it off.

Owlus Tolemy

06-05-2010

Berzerkers greaves are my first boots is that good

Hyfe

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlus Tolemy View Post
Depends. Do you get second boots?

._.

CryptFiend

06-05-2010

3 boots of swiftness for 520 movement speed. Then 2 zeals for the crit dmg and attack speed. U know attack speed=MORE DAMAGE!

Benadryl Jackson

06-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlus Tolemy View Post

No, that is bad. The added survivability from Mercury Treads or Ninja Tabi is just SO much better than a wee boost to attack speed.