[Guide] Contemporary Cardmaster: The Benadryl Jackson Way

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFaze View Post
hey bena, what are your thoughts on stinger? its relatively cheap for the attack speed it gives and also gives 10% cooldown on a small price, i would tihnk its beneficial for spamming pick a card during team fights. Also with phage, its a 25% chance of slow wouldn't it be better to pick up a vampiric scepter after 2 AS items as you'll be attack fast enough for you to life steal more? From what i gather TF should be hiding behind the tank and sometime chasing lone champions with gold card. In my opinion phage is an option when TF is heavily focused on, just curious what your opinion is on this?
Mr. Faze, get ready for a wall of text, 'cause Benadryl Jackson is full of Southern Comfort and pontifications.

First, Stinger. Benadryl Jackson has heard of summoners getting this item. The problem is that it's inefficient for what you're trying to do. Here's why:

Stinger's ultimate problem is that what if offers you can be found in other, better items that turn into other, even better items. 10% cooldown reduction and 40% attack speed is certainly nice, but consider the following alternatives:

1.) Brutalizer. This thing gives you that 10% cooldown reduction, plus damage and armor penetration (holy ****, that's awesome). And guess what? It even turns into Youmonurosomething's Ghostblade, which can be activated to temporarily give you even more attack speed than Stinger ever did.

2.) Recurve Bow. The same attack speed buff as Stinger, but it can turn into a million awesome things that are way better than Stinger.

Now what the hell does Stinger turn into? Nashor's Tooth? That **** don't make sense on Twisted Fate these days. In conclusion: Why buy Stinger when you can spend your money on things with far more baller potential?

As for Vamp Scepter versus Phage
, I totally support randomly buying the scepter somewhere down the line, as once you have some good item buffs it definitely improves your survivability in fights. Early on though, the straight up health bonus from Phage is simply better. Tell me -- what good is lifesteal if some mage can kill with you with burst damage before you even get a few shots in? The damage bonus on Phage is also significant, as is the slow. I realize it's random, but your attack speed plus gold/red cards should be enough to proc it at least once, at which point you can easily get some more hits in and proc it again.

Also, you said Phage is an option for when TF is heavily focused on? Well guess what, dat boy Twisted Fate is ALWAYS heavily focused on, and if he's not, then you're probably playing with Soraka and are winning anyway.

What you say about TF hiding behind the tank is all well and good, but baby, you can't count on **** going so smoothly in real life. You especially can't count on that **** when you're destiny-ganking people.

If you play your cards right, you won't have to hide behind anything at all.

xFaze

05-14-2010

thanks for the reply bena, i thougut about using the ghostblade, but really dont kno where to put it into my build. I feel that items such as bloodrazor and sotd add more than ghostblade, just because ghostblade is fairly expensive and requires the activation for the extra attack speed. Its a nice item but i feel TF could benefit more from other attack speed items. I'll definetly try incorporating phage into my build and see how things go, thanks for sharing your experience.

Phourc

05-14-2010

Thanks for the awesome TF guide, I picked him up cause he was the coolest looking champ that I could afford starting out, and tbh I couldn't really do much with him before reading your guide. Once I picked up a zeal though, everything just started making sense!

Cause, you know... the recommended items kinda suck, although I have had some success with nashor's tooth and the rageblade as 5th items... though that may be my first four items working for me. I've tried wits end a few times and felt like it did very little, most thing running out of health before mana... Haven't tried the ghostblade yet but it sure sounds fun, and probably better than nashor's, I'll give it a try next game

Phi Trigger

05-14-2010

Benadryl, you ever tried out revive on tf? It might sound a bit noob, but tf is probably the best champ there is to take advantage of revive. Build entirely for overall damage output without a care of defense, and if you get focused out first you revive and teleport right back in the battle. I can't tell you how many times I've wiped the other team completely with most or all my team alive with this tactic, and pushed for the win or at least taken out a few turrets/inhibs. The 9 minute wait time on CD is unfortunate, but I can't think of any other summoner skill that can so drastically effect the makeup of a major team fight.

Benadryl Jackson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phi Trigger View Post
Benadryl, you ever tried out revive on tf? It might sound a bit noob, but tf is probably the best champ there is to take advantage of revive. Build entirely for overall damage output without a care of defense, and if you get focused out first you revive and teleport right back in the battle. I can't tell you how many times I've wiped the other team completely with most or all my team alive with this tactic, and pushed for the win or at least taken out a few turrets/inhibs. The 9 minute wait time on CD is unfortunate, but I can't think of any other summoner skill that can so drastically effect the makeup of a major team fight.

Actually, Benadryl Jackson has tried this out on Twisted Treeline before. It's a neat idea with gnarly potential, but I'm skeptical.

Besides the huge cooldown, another problem is that by taking Revive you lose a lot of survivability. Personally I go with Exhaust and Flash, both of which consistently save my life, enable kills, and have relatively low cooldowns. I tested out Revive, and while it is awesome to bust a gypsy nut on their faces, I really have to question whether it's worth it. There's no way I'm getting rid of Flash, so it'd have to be Exhaust -- let's think about that. You might, MIGHT have the right situation to use Revive and do some awesome ****, but that's not guaranteed. You know what is guaranteed? Exhausting their Tristana so she can't do **** for a few seconds while you and your team gun her down, followed by the rest of her team.

To be honest, I'm tempted to try this out again on Summoner's Rift. I still have my doubts, but it might be worth it. I'll give it some more testing and let you know what I think.

Donavan

05-16-2010

Benadryl Jackson, I must say this is a great guide.

Kinney

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benadryl Jackson View Post

As for Vamp Scepter versus Phage
, I totally support randomly buying the scepter somewhere down the line, as once you have some good item buffs it definitely improves your survivability in fights. Early on though, the straight up health bonus from Phage is simply better. Tell me -- what good is lifesteal if some mage can kill with you with burst damage before you even get a few shots in? The damage bonus on Phage is also significant, as is the slow. I realize it's random, but your attack speed plus gold/red cards should be enough to proc it at least once, at which point you can easily get some more hits in and proc it again.

Also, you said Phage is an option for when TF is heavily focused on? Well guess what, dat boy Twisted Fate is ALWAYS heavily focused on, and if he's not, then you're probably playing with Soraka and are winning anyway.
Another big selling point for Phage is stacking it with the lizard buff. Between those and your cards, nobody is getting away from you that isn't named Kassadin or Ezreal (and Ezreal's so squishy that you'll probably drop him before he has a chance to escape anyway).

Benadryl Jackson

05-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Migra View Post
Another big selling point for Phage is stacking it with the lizard buff. Between those and your cards, nobody is getting away from you that isn't named Kassadin or Ezreal (and Ezreal's so squishy that you'll probably drop him before he has a chance to escape anyway).

**** yes, dat boy La Migra knows what he's talking about.

Remiko Elliot

05-20-2010

Props to Benadryl, my man, and mentor.

Calcabrina

05-20-2010

needs more rageblade