A Dreamhack Comes True Today

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaster Mereel

Senior Member

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneZeroTen View Post
"Slandering"? Lol, really? Who am I slandering? I'm calling people who are belligerently trolling and leaving hateful comments, Jelly Haters. You wanna call that slandering, go ahead. Fine by me, but that's just plain fact. And what's their reason? Umm I don't know, that they found a great game, League of Legends, that brought them together as friends and family. Their reason, if you're too narrow-minded to see it, is namely that they should go because of what League of Legends means to them. A strong bond and connection, community and family coming together as one. Call it what you will, but the message was clear to many who saw the video.

No it's not fact, you're just making a sweeping generalization about people you don't know. Plenty of people who didn't like the winning submission left some pretty good reasons without trolling as to why they didn't like it, and why Riot's decision to only have us choose the finalists is @ss backwards. And narrow-minded? How? You're acting like I'm not understanding something here, but I got their message, the same message I'm pretty sure any other player can relate to. I thought this contest was about talent, not cheesy angles and a sappy song with plain text coming up like a slideshow. Apparently I was wrong. I'm sorry if you blubber every time you watch Dawson's Creek, but I wasn't aware that the sucky baby factor was such a major theme in this contest.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knyaz

Senior Member

06-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuchIAteMyself View Post
That was a Monster Energy drink commercial right?
Um we think so....... not really sure tbh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneZeroTen

Member

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaster Mereel View Post
No it's not fact, you're just making a sweeping generalization about people you don't know. Plenty of people who didn't like the winning submission left some pretty good reasons without trolling as to why they didn't like it, and why Riot's decision to only have us choose the finalists is @ss backwards. And narrow-minded? How? You're acting like I'm not understanding something here, but I got their message, the same message I'm pretty sure any other player can relate to. I thought this contest was about talent, not cheesy angles and a sappy song with plain text coming up like a slideshow. Apparently I was wrong. I'm sorry if you blubber every time you watch Dawson's Creek, but I wasn't aware that the sucky baby factor was such a major theme in this contest.
Well one, I'm not making a "sweeping generalization". I stated that I was calling people who were ////belligerently trolling and leaving hateful comments///// jelly haters. Meaning that, if they were not doing those things, I wasn't referring to them. To each his own on that one. Also, it's nice to know you got the message, however, sadly, this competition wasn't about who had the most talent. I'm sure you know that creativity is measured in more ways than one. Whether it's comedy, animation, or otherwise. It's most certainly not just appearance. Not to mention the fact that Riot, even before the Community Polls were opened, stated that they were going to choose the final winner in the end. The only job the community had was to get their pick into the Top 6, that's it. If you were going to get so mad about your vote not counting or that the most popular vote didn't win, then you're out of luck and you only hurt yourself on that one. You and everyone else were warned. You should know this by now, and you must certainly know this if you live in the US, the people have a very biased opinion when it comes to voting. That goes for anything. This forum is no different. Everyone had someone they wanted to win, everyone had someone they thought should win, and everyone had someone they strongly supported. It was going to end up like this regardless of who won. The winner would have been trashed on by the opposing sides, and there would be the few and far between that would just accept it and move on. Either way, this thread is growing stale. Nice convo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ruffmaori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

06-08-2011

nicee


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dundee152

Junior Member

06-09-2011

A good video, made tears form up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nessasaur

Senior Member

06-10-2011

I can't believe the emo bs this video had won over how creative Majistrate K and A Bad Idea's was and how hilarious CBR was in his video....

/wrists how does this win ====> (cue the sap music) "we have lan parties",corny text throughout... now everyone act like drones in front of your comp! (cue the climax of the sap music) ZOMG TATTOOS!! (you're cool...not really)

I'm sorry but that **** was boring to watch to first time and even more boring to watch the second time....and it's bs that someone who had close to 50% of the votes didn't win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyLilDeathPony

Senior Member

06-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelusionalESG View Post
LOL!!!


Did he really just try to correct something that was already right, and make it wrong?

LOL
Silly n00bs.

passed=action

therefore, the sentence "they clevery trolled it passed your eyes" has 2 verbs, which is impossible because it is not a compound sentence. Trolled is the verb here, and passed should be past, meaning "before" acting as a preposition.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeederInc

Junior Member

06-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneZeroTen View Post
Well one, I'm not making a "sweeping generalization". I stated that I was calling people who were ////belligerently trolling and leaving hateful comments///// jelly haters.
No. You're an idiot, and let me tell you why:

1. The sweeping generalization you're making is that everyone is simply hating for no reason. No, we have plenty of reason.
1a. We're also not "Jealous". What the hell do we have to be jealous about?! Pray tell! The majority of the community had no real stake in this. We weren't going to get a prize for voting, were we?

Elaboration: what we're pissed with is that someone that the majority feels is terribly undeserving won, and that Riot COMPLETELY ****ING IGNORED THE VOTES!


Quote:
Also, it's nice to know you got the message, however, sadly, this competition wasn't about who had the most talent. I'm sure you know that creativity is measured in more ways than one. Whether it's comedy, animation, or otherwise.
2. So, what ways is creativity measured? I want some kind of awesome scholarly document out of your, because I fail to understand the creativity here. Creativity is the power to create, and whether something is objectively creative or not is best left to a mass of people to measure, so at least votes between all IQ levels and different situational factors will balance out, giving us an objective look.
However:
2a. Since when was this competition about creativity?
2b. And even if it was, please tell me how the video that won was in any way creative.
2c.... Well, maybe besides its ability to make it look like Riot Games was a symbol for families to worship.
2d. Or some ******ed **** like that.
2d1. Suppose that was the case, they could have done it MUCH better...
2e. You seriously don't believe that either way, do you?
2f. I mean "Come on kids, let's gather around so that we can KILL SOME *****ES".
2g. *Slaps son for giving them first blood*
Elaboration: I would also like to state that if this is about creativity, that sappy, pandering, cliche as hell piece of **** can hardly be called creative.

Quote:
It's most certainly not just appearance. Not to mention the fact that Riot, even before the Community Polls were opened, stated that they were going to choose the final winner in the end. The only job the community had was to get their pick into the Top 6, that's it. If you were going to get so mad about your vote not counting or that the most popular vote didn't win, then you're out of luck and you only hurt yourself on that one. You and everyone else were warned.
3. Fair enough, I suppose what they basically wanted to tell the community is that your opinion pretty much doesn't matter for ****, something that they've made rather clear to us over time (all of these awesome patches, constant character releases instead of balancing current ones PROPERLY, etc.)
Elaboration: the community kind of feels betrayed, here. Sure, the explicit terms of the contest were that the final would indeed be decided by Riot... but the implicit condition that the community assumed would be included was that their votes would a good amount of weight in deciding the final winner. This assumption is quite natural. We're not the ones hurting ourselves. We're a bit pissed, but I'd say the ones that are hurting themselves here are Riot and Riot alone.


Quote:
You should know this by now, and you must certainly know this if you live in the US, the people have a very biased opinion when it comes to voting. That goes for anything. This forum is no different. Everyone had someone they wanted to win, everyone had someone they thought should win, and everyone had someone they strongly supported. It was going to end up like this regardless of who won. The winner would have been trashed on by the opposing sides, and there would be the few and far between that would just accept it and move on. Either way, this thread is growing stale. Nice convo.
4. Read above (mostly the part with regards to implicit agreement; since you might very well be terribly illiterate, I'm trying to narrow it down for you).
Elaboration: if the winner had been the popular winner, there wouldn't be nearly as much hate. That would be the popular winner. People would indeed have been like "****, but I guess this is fair". There might be a few outliers, but aside from that, the response would have been far more subdued.

I dunno why doing this is so fun. I guess it's because I type fast.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buudah

Member

06-19-2011

Wow that was bad..
Monster energy commercial
Tattoos that look like Hennas or other fake tattoos (like how there is no reding anywhere on the lines yet the color is extremely vivid as if it was recently done)

Riot you disapoint

#2 was 100000x better.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FROIDBUSTER

Senior Member

06-22-2011

The thing is the other videos have a reason they should have won, the only thing the winning entry has going for it is that it did win.

For example, Majistrate K's entry had great animation, music that fit the video, entertaining sequences that highlighted LoL champions. Overall it's a video I favorites and would definitely watch again and probably recommend to friends who play LoL.

By comparison if MikeLikes video had not won... you can't really make a case as to why it should have. From a technical standpoint it wasn't great (bland text, editing, etc..). It wasn't the most creative or entertaining since it was trying to convey a serious message. Which I'm actually fine with except the whole tattoo and family focus came off as really cheesy and unauthentic. In short I got about 30 seconds into the video and remember thinking how fake it all seemed, but fake in a way that wasn't hilarious or interesting to watch.

Still though, even if the video clicked for you, the biggest reason to defend it was because Riot choose it as the winner, besides that reason there's not a lot of tangible evidence to back it up, because the video wasn't that great.

Which brings us to forum-goers being angry at it winning, because as far as a lot of us can tell there wasn't a reason beyond someone at Riot picking it to win.