Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Vayne – The Flexible Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForeverLaxx

06-12-2011

I don't have much to add other than I noticed you removed all the extraneous mentions of "Ashe" where you forgot to replace with "Vayne".

As for tips specific to Vayne, she has a quirk with her Tumble that I'm not sure anyone other than myself has picked up on. If you click another direction immediately after her Tumble ends, she'll Tumble *again* in that direction. It doesn't seem to work if you try to use it to "double" her Tumble range, but you can use it to Tumble right and then immediately Tumble left to juke skillshots.

Eledhan

06-13-2011

Quote:
Oh, Hi.. UPVOTE

Thanks, man! I'm gonna read your morgana guide now that I have time...I'll upvote it here on these forums, but I have no desire to become a member of ANOTHER LoL community...I'm already a member of too many!

Quote:
WOOO, brandon. Very informative. (:

Upvote.

Thanks Giss!

I guess you guys never got around to checking out my Ashe guide, huh?

Eledhan

06-13-2011

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
I don't have much to add other than I noticed you removed all the extraneous mentions of "Ashe" where you forgot to replace with "Vayne".

BAHAHAHA!!!!

I loved the format for my Ashe guide, so to get started with this one, I just copied and pasted the Ashe guide, then changed all the data.

A lot of the information was still relevant, though, so simple editing the champion name was enough.

Quote:
As for tips specific to Vayne, she has a quirk with her Tumble that I'm not sure anyone other than myself has picked up on. If you click another direction immediately after her Tumble ends, she'll Tumble *again* in that direction. It doesn't seem to work if you try to use it to "double" her Tumble range, but you can use it to Tumble right and then immediately Tumble left to juke skillshots.

Wait, huh?

Perhaps a video of this in action?

I've never seen this happen, but I assume it's entirely possible given the existence of the Lee Sin Tempest glitch.

Quick question...does it cost 2x mana?

ForeverLaxx

06-13-2011

Quote:
Eledhan:
BAHAHAHA!!!!

I loved the format for my Ashe guide, so to get started with this one, I just copied and pasted the Ashe guide, then changed all the data.

A lot of the information was still relevant, though, so simple editing the champion name was enough.

Wait, huh?

Perhaps a video of this in action?

I've never seen this happen, but I assume it's entirely possible given the existence of the Lee Sin Tempest glitch.

Quick question...does it cost 2x mana?

I don't make videos, but I guarantee this works because I use it all the time. It doesn't cost any additional mana either. You can test this easily in a practice game. Grab Tumble at your fountain, roll out of the fountain, and right before you come out of the tumble animation, right-click back toward the fountain and you'll roll back to where you were. Level 1 test completed.

Eledhan

06-13-2011

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
I don't make videos, but I guarantee this works because I use it all the time. It doesn't cost any additional mana either. You can test this easily in a practice game. Grab Tumble at your fountain, roll out of the fountain, and right before you come out of the tumble animation, right-click back toward the fountain and you'll roll back to where you were. Level 1 test completed.

Hmmm...

I'll try this as soon as I get home!

Escaroid

Recruiter

06-13-2011

This is a really great guide! I'm fairly new to this game and this is a build I usually get is D blade > boots 1> Bf sword > boots 2 > TBC > Trin Force > Madreds blood razor > Blood thirster > IE/ BV. This has been working very well for me, but people have been telling me that going a AS/AD vayne is much better so I'm going to try that out. I've read through your guide and you mention that tumble is only for positioning. Since I have triforce I'm very use to tumbling every chance I get. I noticed that enemies usually get very confused especially when I get stealthed from my ult. I just want to ask you some questions.

1. Is Doran blade a good starting item or should I just switch to Doran shield or longsword since I can build that into something else?

2. Does tumbling really hinder your damage output for AS/AD build? And what do you mean by tumbling only to position yourself. I usually tumble in circles around enemies to confuse them or kite them with my tumble. Would you consider that positioning? Also is it much better to just keep autoattacking with a AS/AD build instead of doing what I usually do?

HxCxWOLF

Recruiter

06-13-2011

I know I shouldn't be lazy, and I should read through to see if something was already asked but I'm lazy.
you list a lot of items but I don't see you group them together for build lists

could you list the builds and their items grouped together please If you already did I apologize and what page is it on

HxCxWOLF

Recruiter

06-13-2011

Nevermind decided not to be lazy and found it gonna try AD build and see if I can get her down better

Eledhan

06-14-2011

Quote:
Escaroid:
This is a really great guide! I'm fairly new to this game and this is a build I usually get is D blade > boots 1> Bf sword > boots 2 > TBC > Trin Force > Madreds blood razor > Blood thirster > IE/ BV. This has been working very well for me, but people have been telling me that going a AS/AD vayne is much better so I'm going to try that out. I've read through your guide and you mention that tumble is only for positioning. Since I have triforce I'm very use to tumbling every chance I get. I noticed that enemies usually get very confused especially when I get stealthed from my ult. I just want to ask you some questions.

Why thanks!

You are absolutely right by Tumbling every chance you get if you have TriForce. I believe you must be referring to a build that DOESN'T have Triforce...because I specifically recommend tumbling every chance you get if Triforce is in your inventory.

However, if it's not in your inventory, it typically means you're going for an attack speed build. And that means that tumbling is going to slow down your attacks, causing a break in your damage. It really just depends on the build, but you're doing everything right as far as how to Tumble with the build you mentioned.

Quote:
1. Is Doran blade a good starting item or should I just switch to Doran shield or longsword since I can build that into something else?

Oh, this is a tough one...

I personally like the Doran's Shield better, especially if you have other sources of Hp5. The amount of regen offered by the Blade is fairly small, making it a bit questionable as to whether it's useful enough to justify starting with.

I would recommend trying the Shield and see how you like it...ESPECIALLY against physical champions. Check out the build section in the 3rd post to see more details on the recommended starting items.

Quote:
2. Does tumbling really hinder your damage output for AS/AD build? And what do you mean by tumbling only to position yourself. I usually tumble in circles around enemies to confuse them or kite them with my tumble. Would you consider that positioning? Also is it much better to just keep autoattacking with a AS/AD build instead of doing what I usually do?

Tumbling is awesome! But mainly when you have TriForce...

Yes, I would recommend tumbling every chance you get until your AS gets really high...then you should just be using tumble to re-position yourself. The reason for this is that you're going to just delay your next auto attack and your next Silver Bolts proc...

If you get AS up to about 2.0 per second, tumbling takes off at least one of those attacks...and if you're building lots of damage per attack, the enhancements provided by Tumble simply don't make up for missing one attack...unless, of course, you are dodging or confusing enemies.

Sounds like you have the right idea, but just keep in mind that if you DO go with an AS build, your AS will be getting quite high, and tumbling with high AS just means you will auto attack one less time than you would if you didn't tumble.

Eledhan

06-14-2011

Quote:
HxCxWOLF:
Nevermind decided not to be lazy and found it gonna try AD build and see if I can get her down better

LOL!

If you find you have any other questions, post them and I'll be happy to answer the best I can.