Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


[Guide] Vayne – The Flexible Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

06-09-2011

Quote:
Kikhan:
In general I agree with this guide completely.

I would add in condemn interupts channeled spells even if it doesnt stun them against terrain ie. nunu ult, malz ult, ww ult, kat ult; you get the picture. This is very important if your team lacks hard cc or interupts. Saving condemn for those spells has won me several games.


Good point. I'll add it to the team fight tips.

Quote:
Also add in for duo laning buying some wards to put in the bushes to sight for you can earn a number of kills. Due to having this sight your opponents may think your partner is face checking the bush only to be surprised that they are suddenly pinned by you from the side. If you don't have wards you might need to communicate to your lane mate to stay in the bush to sight for your pins. Many games I have felt like raging at my lanemate if they had only stayed in the bush for a little longer we would have the advantage. Lane mates need not be scared having Vayne a distance away from them in lane since Vayne can close the distanct and stun that opponent approaching them in the bush.


Buying wards is not champion specific, and therefore, I do not include that in my guides. Thanks for the tip, though!

Quote:
My only real complaint is that I think this guide is a little long and repeats itself a few times.


The repetition is somewhat intended. I realize it's going to be repetitive when I have a section fully detailing item progression and also summarizing final builds.

Quote:
Also the sheen rush build is designed for heavy harrass and not direct banging it out fights early in the game. I did not feel that was entirely communicated. Where as the attack speed and or damage builds are designed to basically stand there and bang it out by out dpsing your opponent.. Of course you would be using your skills as well but, not like hit and running with tumble sheen harrass.


I didn't include anything about rushing Sheen because I personally do not like that concept. I guess it could work as a first trip purchase, where you purchase the whole thing at once, but I still don't think that gives you enough power early on to justify rushing it...you only get the bonus damage when you Tumble, and it only grants you about 40 added damage (at level 10) for that attack...Phage grants 18 for ALL attacks, thus only requiring 2 attacks to break even...plus Phage grants you added bonuses of health and a slow...Sheen doesn't give you anything else except for some extra mana...not worth rushing, imo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wangster

Senior Member

06-09-2011

Trinity Force has the 2s cooldown as well.

Source: played Trinity Force Eve, Trinity Force Irelia. Both of which have <2 second cooldown Q's.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

06-09-2011

Quote:
sosad2day:
Trinity Force has the 2s cooldown as well.

Source: played Trinity Force Eve, Trinity Force Irelia. Both of which have <2 second cooldown Q's.


Thank you very much for clearing that up...will update guide accordingly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kikhan

Senior Member

06-10-2011

While I do not personally prefer the Sheen rush it is a viable strat and a different route to the Tri-Force build that many people choose to take. It can be very strong against lane opponents that lack mobility and/or strong harrass. It is an option and you kind of hint at it. So I was not clear if that was a strat you were supporting. Thanks for the response.

Warding is a general strat but,most people mainly think of just warding the river for a side duo lane to prevent ganks. If you are laning with someone having that wall ward can give you the element of surprise. It is very strong and eventually your opponents won't even go in the bush giving you even stronger lane presence and control. This strat makes the wards offensive and has served me well. I get at least one kill from it every game if not more. As in depth as this guide is I would think this would be a good thing to add in. Add in a ganking jungler and I have found this to be one of the best combinations to getting both kills in comparison to usually only getting 1 kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

06-10-2011

Quote:
Kikhan:
While I do not personally prefer the Sheen rush it is a viable strat and a different route to the Tri-Force build that many people choose to take. It can be very strong against lane opponents that lack mobility and/or strong harrass. It is an option and you kind of hint at it. So I was not clear if that was a strat you were supporting. Thanks for the response.


Although I agree that it is more deadly single shot harass (tumble in, attack, walk away), you will deal more damage over the course of several attacks with Phage. Plus, you get the additional benefits of more health and a slow.

So, let's say your Tumble, Attack causes them to start running away...now you have situation where you want the HP and the slow from Phage, because you're missing out on the extra damage from Sheen until you can Tumble again.

Quote:
Warding is a general strat but,most people mainly think of just warding the river for a side duo lane to prevent ganks. If you are laning with someone having that wall ward can give you the element of surprise. It is very strong and eventually your opponents won't even go in the bush giving you even stronger lane presence and control. This strat makes the wards offensive and has served me well. I get at least one kill from it every game if not more. As in depth as this guide is I would think this would be a good thing to add in. Add in a ganking jungler and I have found this to be one of the best combinations to getting both kills in comparison to usually only getting 1 kill.


[Emphasis Mine]

Since it IS a general strategy, I do not cover it in my champion guides. Otherwise, it would mean that my already MASSIVE guides would be EVEN LARGER...not a good idea, in my personal opinion.

Your points ARE valid, though...Thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

Senior Member

06-10-2011

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_Force

As of Patch V1.0.0.100 this bonus damage has a 2 second internal cooldown before it can be triggered again. It is however not listed on the item tool tip.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eledhan

Senior Member

06-10-2011

Quote:
Warrrrax:
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Trinity_Force

As of Patch V1.0.0.100 this bonus damage has a 2 second internal cooldown before it can be triggered again. It is however not listed on the item tool tip.


Thanks, Warrrax. I have already updated most portions of the guide that indicate you can trigger TriForce procs under 2 seconds.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefNoodleHouse3

Senior Member

06-12-2011

Oh, Hi.. UPVOTE


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xPsyche

Member

06-12-2011

WOOO, brandon. Very informative. (:

Upvote.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefNoodleHouse3

Senior Member

06-12-2011

^ Wow wtf. Noob Poster