Season One Finalists with Record Viewership

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pawn01

06-08-2011

I would just like to say, what a staggering accomplishment have 69,000 viewers is! Well done. However, this is not a north american esports record. Over 100,000 viewers simultaniously tuned in to watch MLG Dalls in March. They have not released the figures yet for MLG Columbus but I would expect them to eclipse their own mark. A week after MLG Dallas the TeamLiquid.com website had over 80,000 viewers watching their TSL event.

Again, not to detract from an awesome accomplishment for League of Legends, I just want to make sure the credit sits where it is due.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flinch0

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn01 View Post
I would just like to say, what a staggering accomplishment have 69,000 viewers is! Well done. However, this is not a north american esports record. Over 100,000 viewers simultaniously tuned in to watch MLG Dalls in March. They have not released the figures yet for MLG Columbus but I would expect them to eclipse their own mark. A week after MLG Dallas the TeamLiquid.com website had over 80,000 viewers watching their TSL event.

Again, not to detract from an awesome accomplishment for League of Legends, I just want to make sure the credit sits where it is due.
TSL3 finals were considered LAN, MLG is considered LAN.

But im pretty sure the semis got 70kish and those were online matches.