Why has this game been released?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hayden2e

06-03-2011

It was released because it's VERY FUN. You've played over 1000 games yourself; you obviously like (or at least liked) the game a lot.

Not saying it doesn't have lots of bugs or anything, but that's the reason it was released.

Darksyde102985

06-03-2011

"and at least two of my friends are platinum ranked SC2 players"

Platinum is **** tell your friends they suck. Also I haven't had too many problems in the bug/glitch department when it comes to league of legends. I've had one or two here and there but nothing major. Maybe its you .

P.S. DOWNTIME REALLY SUCKED TONIGHT THOUGH RAWRAWRAWR RAGERAGERAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rossa Auster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frege View Post
This post is ridiculous. You are talking about a tremendously complex game that has a constantly changing set of variables that is played online by tens of thousands of people at all hours of almost every day. You're also talking about a game that has multiple facets being worked on and changed by huge teams of people constantly.

There are going to be some bugs. There are going to be some inconsistencies. Expecting there not to be is totally absurd. Even if Riot was able to fix every single bug that exists now, new ones would be created as the game evolves. There are no comparative games that are bug-free and have all of the features you want, and your expecting this kind of perfection is naive, entitled and childish,

If you don't like how the game is, don't play it. It's not like Riot is just sitting around on their asses right now thinking "herp derp I wonder what's on TV" and your QQ thread is going to make them realize how much work they should be doing. Gtfo.
Whoa there sport, I know the OP's truth might hurt some but no need to be hostile. Lots of these bugs have been fixed in the clone(s) of DOTA so there really is no excuse for any of them. LoL was rushed and pushed out so it could start developing it's player base and making money just like every other rushed game. But as I said there was/is no excuse for most of the bugs listed even the bugs that use newer champions as an example are just poor initial coding when this game was developed.

The longer these bugs go on the harder it will be for them to fix these bugs and the less they'll care. Crappy code will be bolted onto crappy code on top of more crappy code until fixing one bug will break an entire part of the game engine.

WintrBorn

06-03-2011

It's not the game so much, it's that they are using Adobe Air to build on. The only thing going for it is that Air is free. It's garbage, and Riot should be using a proper platform.

Random H

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoMorph3 View Post
Some of those bugs I've seen, (Such as the hit box, and the spells not casting ect.) but it's very rare when they do happen (at least for me). Now that being said, they're still there, and they need to be fixed regardless.
The problem with them being so rare is that often it can be VERY hard to replicate them to try and found out which part went wrong. If you can't consistently cause the issue it becomes very difficult to fix it, since you'd have to rework everything associated with the possibly buggy area.

Supan00b

06-03-2011

All of these things def needs to be fixed, but I wouldnt go as far as to say it shouldn't be released. I +1 and agree but I can go 10+ games without seeing a single one of these. They are very bearable.

Even when I do encounter them, I say "Wow. Ha." and that's over with.

TROLLOLLOLLOLLLO

06-03-2011

TL;DR

But I've read this.
---------
If my computer has been in sleep mode, I have to restart before playing, otherwise my FPS fluctuates up and down by 10% and causes movement glitchyness/choppiness, and all of my skills show as being off cooldown 10% faster than they actually are. A friend has a similar problem with cooldowns, but can't find a fix.
---------

The fix, is, get an effin new pc. got it? idiot'

------------
Oh and concerning the "Ashe's Arrow" ........It's called a Banshee's Veil.

kthxbi, you can leave, I won't miss you.

Hanz Solo

06-03-2011

Only posting in Here cuz you suck at FL Tron

That being said, how do you play a free game so addictively.
Its fun.

Also dayum, didnt expect some 1 like you to write that.

Random H

06-03-2011

Just saw the thing about restarting after your PC has been on sleep... it takes what, 15 seconds to reopen the client? 30 if your PC sucks?

Really, that's a problem for you?

xFortune

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random H View Post
Just saw the thing about restarting after your PC has been on sleep... it takes what, 15 seconds to reopen the client? 30 if your PC sucks?

Really, that's a problem for you?
It's an inconvenience that shouldn't be there. My friends ask if I wanna play LoL, I have to reboot my computer before I play with them and slow everyone else down. It only takes 60 seconds from clicking restart to being back at my desktop, so It's not a huge issue or big problem, which is why it was a small misc. point.