Why has this game been released?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uzhi

06-03-2011

If you think that this game is buggy you honestly have not played many online games. There are heaps of online games that have bugs here and there, if you have never played WoW. I understand there are some parts that are buggy but I have not seen a gaming company release a smooth perfect patch ever without some forms of bugs.

Threads

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-03-2011

to make a point on buggier games that get a release.

http://www.baldurdash.org/TESOblivion/UOPFixList.html

hmmmm?

it's a free game, there is no reason not to release it.

Milkshakes00

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFortune View Post
No game is buggier, in my experience, even alpha and beta trials, which is the point of my post. It's not that the game has bugs, it's that it's buggier than games that haven't even been released yet.
Obviously you haven't played many betas or alphas.
Ever try WoW?
Ever try FFXIV?

Both were, still are, and always WILL be, buggy as sin.

For just this comment, I'm -1'ing your OP.

Fuz2o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2011

Game was released because what you see as game breaking bugs, others didn't.

It's not in Beta because open Beta was massively successful and the growth of the game and the company is increasing each day.

Um, I guess competition always drives release dates of products. Console wars show us that every 3 or 4 years. You act like Riot never fixes any bugs. The ones you list are frankly pretty minor or nonfactors (towers don't "randomly" switch between champions and minions). i mean, the bush thing is annoying and I would like it fixed as well. but it is hardly game breaking. Knock up bug is also not that huge of a deal. the knockback attacks of vayne and poppy are just as consistent as any other move. I haven't even seen poppy charge somebody through a wall in many patches.

Game breaking bugs are ones like Anivia being able to stun from across the map, or abusable mechanics. having a ward not show a bush 1/200 times isn't going to keep a game in beta.

huber

06-03-2011

free game = more players. it says nothing about the quality of the game.

Revive Is OP

06-03-2011

Bushes are pretty glitched.

Morgana snare you actually aim with the area between the centre of the animation and the shadow of the snare animation.
Could be you have a wireless keyboard, or are low on batteries. I do quick inputs on zilean (E + F1 + flash + R + F5 + Q + click + W + Q + click + E + F5 etc.).

Poppy can't slam into stuff.
Veigar W hits pooled vlad but not nasus and morgana AoE.
Morgana can ult through vlad's pool.
Ezreal can ult from his original location after being grabbed and knocked-up by blitzcrank.
Trynd can R through a silence. (apparently this was a fix)
Sometimes game invites do not appear until 2min later. And sometimes when starting a premade, I never get put in champ select.
I would be surprised if LoL is out of Beta.
But it is mainstream, so who cares.

Vsin

06-03-2011

Hmmm...

Most of the actual ingame actions are performed server-side, so even if your ping is single digits you could still be suffering from transmission discrepancies. This would explain stuff like targeting ranges being inconsistent, skillshots passing through hittable targets, etc. Even though it looks odd, in reality the server-side calculation is technically correct. And to be honest, I think this short paragraph sums up my attempted explanation for the grand whopping majority of your complaints.

Now that I've said that, there are still lots of obvious bugs. TBH I found a ton just flipping through Grassyrhen's videos on YouTube. Stuff like walking into walls, walking through walls, Poppy's charge sending the target through a wall, Jarvan's "wall" being avoided with Ghost, etc. Huh, funny how most of it has to do with collision detection. Even so, most of these aren't exactly things you'd find even with rigorous testing. Well, except stupid stuff like the Kog'maw "damages all allies and enemies with Void Ooze" bug.

In terms of server stability...well, who knows? For all we know, the original code was designed just to work, but the current active user numbers (whatever they may be) far exceed the original predictions. Assuming that, it's probably not optimized as best as it could be and there could be redundant bits here and there that wouldn't be a problem in a HoN-sized sample, but quickly become disastrous when active users hit the hundreds of thousands.

Tsukinoki

06-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrealSilence View Post

One; Long rage post is long. Invalid, learn to read long statements on end, atleast its not a wall of text that crits for 8000. He even spaced it out in paragraphs.

Two: There are plenty of games that are buggier. Ever played CoD4? I shouldn't be able to shoot someone through a wall. Nor should I be able to knife someone and have it go through their head just to have them turn and knife me. Valid

This game is large and there is a lot of room for error, you can't make a game with as much coding as this perfect. Every game has bugs and the room for error in this game is consistently larger than in other games. Despite the fact that this game is smaller, it has much more complex coding than many would be believe. Valid, but first of all there is only 2 maps, this game has been out for 2 years (its 2nd anniversary coming soon if it has not already.

Despite it being on flat ground, you have to calculate the ground height and you have to set the abilities at the proper height otherwise you get glitches like Pantheon's ult circle not appearing(i had to deal with this for months) and others. Valid

A game can not be perfect, and league of legends is no exception, and with the high room for bug and the fact that they fix them consistently and new ones pop up, it's common sense to realize that they work hard. Valid

Don't try to blame Riot that a game has bugs, everything has bugs, even people, and you have no right to judge if a game is ready to be released or not. His opinion.
Study facts more before you decide to make a rage post based on opinions. It may help you. He has you tube videos clearly explaining these bugs, I have personally experienced some of these bugs with said champions and others that he has not stated.

: I've never had an issue with "Quick cast." Abilities have always cast instantly for me unless they are channeled or if I am having lag, which is mostly contributed to from my computer, not the game.

: I've never had an issue reconnecting unless it is a widespread server issue.

: Popups show on my screen, maybe it's just you.

: Turrets have always seemed to aggro properly for me, maybe you're just having some severe lag issues.

: Players who play league competitively know they can thrive easily, unlike yourself. Take your rage somewhere else?

: You can not be seen in these gaps. Brush block everything on the other sides.

Valid
My opinions as they are underlined.

Matthew21210

06-03-2011

I went in thinking I might not agree with some of these...
Nope. All legit. 'S a good point. Riot needs to improve the engine if only for competitive play.
Random bugs are terrible, especially if they cost a game.

Elise Im Not Bad

06-03-2011

i guess op has never played a CoD game? or a lot of new released games. There is always tons of bugs.