Line of Sight and Delay issues with Demacian Justice (Garen)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commander Sabin

06-05-2011

I am sure this has been touched up on before, however this bug has been around from when I started playing this game back in December.

Garens ult, Demacina Justice, is one of the worst Ult in the game not because of what it does but all the steps and conditions it requires for it to even go off and hit someone. The spell has about a .5sec cast time, considering the amount of damage it can do that's understandable, however the spell itself has a delay of about .4 sec, or so I have read but i can't recall from where to be honest, so it takes close to a second for the whole effect to come into play. This normally isn't a huge deal, I mean at the very least you'll be fighting and try to get Demacina Justice off as a last ditch effort to kill your opponent only to have the spell be cast, you see the huge sword drilling into their skull, however your killed right after and not only are you dead but all that casting and spell animation you watched meant nothing because the spell itself didn't hit.

Because of that delay issue with the spell hitting, that also means it possible to break it by running into a bush just as its cast, unlike any other spell in the game that's cast on another player, this spell doesn't track people into bushes, you can fire it and have that .5sec finish and again you see the spell effect happen as they run into the bush,but the person isn't hit.At least on the bright side the ult doesn't go on cooldown, however taking the time to stand their casting only ensures that the other champ is far out of range of you by now and you have to chase him down.

One other bug that has been in the game for a bit and I figured Id mention as well, if your spinning in your judgement and cast Demacina Justice while its still going and your in range of the person when you did, as long as a person doesn't travel outside your range of sight of go into a bush, Demacian Justice will go off even if they move outside of its normal range.

Commander Sabin

06-06-2011

bump

Chien Po

06-06-2011

I have to agree. Whenever I am about to ulti someone and they walk into a bush, even if my ulti does the animaton, fully, and trhows his hands at the ground, they dont take anyyy damage. It is extremely annoying and most people know this bug about garen. I even hear the sound of the sword.

Commander Sabin

06-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukhtar1 View Post
I have to agree. Whenever I am about to ulti someone and they walk into a bush, even if my ult does the animation, fully, and throws his hands at the ground, they don't take any damage. It is extremely annoying and most people know this bug about Garen. I even hear the sound of the sword.

It certainly is a problem, hands down its one of the most powerful ults in the game and playing against a powerful Garen makes it feel like your playing with 25-30% of your health already gone the moment you charge in.

The thing of it is unlike other ults, its only useful when the enemy is near death, so a whole fight has to happen before it can be used to its full potential, where as other champs like Annie can use hers at the very start and cause mass havoc.

With the bugs surrounding it, it takes a very situational ult and adds even more conditions whether the other champ can simply flash behind a wall or duck into a bush the moment it goes off, thus negating it even if the whole animation happens.