Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Oceania server?!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

anhKUN

08-31-2009

I was wondering if there is an Oceania server in the making? If not what is the best server recommended for Australian players??

Malkir

08-31-2009

I've been playing a lot of game with Aussies lately, I come from Frostmourne so most my friends are Australian. They dont seem to have any lag with just the servers as they are. I never rly hear them rage about lag or anything, just about missed kills or failed chases.

anhKUN

08-31-2009

not that im complaining xD. but im sure there are latency differences between players of different locations etc.

DarklordJoseph

The Council

08-31-2009

from my experiance this game has NO lag problems from europe, to china, to the US, to austraila.
There will be no need for multibe servers.

anhKUN

08-31-2009

ok cool thanks.. my only problem is to pick Eu or Us server??.. or possibly drift from server to server casually hehehe. xD

Nobal Kain

08-31-2009

Is there a way to even pick your server?

ggGoblin

08-31-2009

+1 for Oceanic server.

I've been having problems with my 300 ping.

Example:
Playing Singe I was standing just at tower range waiting for Jax to jump me so I could toss him backwards.
Every time he jumped me despite me having my finger on the toss key (and clicking mid jump), he was able to jump and run, leaving my Singe to chase after him.

I mostly play range now though as my ping it is less of a problem with ranged characters.

Teirdome

Recruiter

08-31-2009

I had asked Mark Franz about this in the last dev chat on IRC. His response was:

Quote:
Teirdome: Any chance you'll reveal where the server farms are going to be located at release? I need to know where to move to get my ping down. More seriously, what types of efforts has Riot taken to reduce player latency?
Mark Franz: If you’ve been experiencing latency in the beta so far, we’d love to talk to you and hear about it. Our plans for the U.S. right now are to have servers primarily on the west coast. We’ve done a lot of testing to ensure that players have a good experience when connecting to our servers and the response has been positive so far. Besides just reducing player latency, we also spent a lot of time reducing the impact that latency has on players.

I personally only have latency problems when Comcast fiddles with their network causing packet loss. Otherwise I'm a stead 50 ping. There's also some great latency merging code from what I've seen.

ttkiller

12-30-2009

Aye for servers closer to Australia! The commands are not as responsive over here (at least, I don't think they are).