Revive Karthus????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myridus

03-25-2010

I recently got called a noob because I said revive was always a bad idea. According to two guys, there's some kind of viable revive+karthus combo. Can anyone shed light on this, cause I don't see how this can possibly benefit him at all? Or maybe they were just smoking some really good ****.

PatMcGroyne

03-25-2010

I don't know why karthus would want revive considering he can cast spells while dead.

xzymethx

03-25-2010

revive + teleport?

Sarpati

03-25-2010

Probably something to do with casting your ulti after the 8 seconds. I am sure there have been many situations where using Requiem just after your death wouldn't have got you a kill or helped your team at all, but then an opportunity arises while the respawn timer is counting down.

That and you get 8 seconds to cast spells, but Requiem's channel is 3 seconds. In most cases, you either just spam spells or use your ulti. With Revive you could do both.

Regardless, Revive is a terrible spell.

PatMcGroyne

03-25-2010

Yeah not to mention if you just use requiem your team mate will get the kill anyways because someone has to be hitting him to put him in death range.

Myridus

03-25-2010

ok good, so those guys are either just stupid, or playing a joke or something. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some great combo that involved Karth having to die....wow that sounded so stupid actually saying it.

Sarpati

03-25-2010

Nah. It's just the opportunistic value, which Revive brings to every champion. It's just slightly better for Karthus as he has a global ulti.