"BugSplat"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TechnicalWinner

06-02-2011

There's this really strange error that's been happening to me at random intervals. Usually the scenario is as follows:
I start up the game, get into a solo queue, lock in, and the game starts. From the beginning, the game just crashes along with a "Bugsplat!! Report" (whatever it is). I just click the "Don't Send" button that shows up, and I reconnect to the game. However, within around three minutes of in game time, it crashes again with the same pop up.
So I thought it was a virus of some sort, so I went into the registry to see if I can delete it, except that one of the Bugsplat's folder's was "lol_beta_riotgames_com". This basically implies that Bugsplat is a part of the LoL client.
However, the game works perfectly even without it (and if it stays deleted, I can play without the game crashing due to it). But after every game, I find that Bugsplat has reinstalled itself.

Anyone know what this program is, what it does, and how to get rid of it if it's a malicious program?

Overdose RAGE

06-02-2011

C/:Riot then go RADS solutions then delete lol_game_client_sln but....... when i delete it and try to logon league it comes back so im like what the fuk but see if it dont come back for you.. i cant evan play league wont go past log in bit

Im Pro1

07-21-2011

I know, i have this problem to. ): Whenever my thing loads to 100% for me to get in game it comes up as a bug splat error.. Ive already gotten 3 leaves because of it and now i can't play LoL.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

07-21-2011

Bugsplat is Riot's Critical and Compatability error reporting client, similar to the Windows Error Reporting Tool. Bugsplat helps Riot identify crash issues that are usually specific to a user's machine. Unfortunately, do to the nature of these errors, it's pretty difficult to identify a specific fix for your issue.

Some things you can try include, reinstalling drivers, updating or reinstalling windows, making sure your DirectX, Adobe AIR, and Microsoft Dot NET are up to date. Reinstalling LoL may help, but usually does not solve the underlying issue.

The best way to resolve these issues is to fill out the Bugsplat client with as much information as possible about your error. About 70% of all reported Bugsplat issues are able to be corrected with each patch.