Shaco rune page..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synthetyk

03-24-2010

Alright so I know the basic idea is that Armor Penetration runes are the best bang for the buck for melee dps. But does this apply to Shaco as well? I kept digging up threads about how crit damage is still good with him because of the guaranteed crit from deceive..

What runes should I focus on? I figured evasion for yellow but honestly as shaco I don't really plan to get hit because I will get squished so fast I doubt the additional 4~% evasion would help. I also was thinking of the health for yellow because I think you can get around 250+ hp at level 18?

And blue runes? Cooldown reduction? Or should I just stack Crit Dmg for my shaco?

Anyone got some input?

I forgot to mention I am level 22 at the moment.

malphismia

03-24-2010

armor pen is better than crit damage.

dodge still works because his passive shiv autoattacks increase miss chance of enemies.

i use MP5 runes so i dont need to buy mana regen items, a more relevant damage-focused item build is better.

EnderA

03-24-2010

Marks: Armor Pen, no question.
Seals: Up for debate, I'd pick HP/lvl
Glyphs: I like Flat CD reduction
Quints: Either Armor Pen, Flat HP, or possibly Flat Damage.

KnifeGun

03-25-2010

I would also like some more input on this. I'm over halfway to level 20 and about to drop some decent IP into a shaco build.

Harlekwin

03-25-2010

Honestly, I would suggest vrit chance over crit damage. I have noticed he has a high crit chance naturally, buffing that then equipping the Black Cleaver is my build. in late game, his high dps matched with this can 1 shot mage minion and 2shot melee minion

EnderA

03-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekwin View Post
Honestly, I would suggest vrit chance over crit damage. I have noticed he has a high crit chance naturally, buffing that then equipping the Black Cleaver is my build. in late game, his high dps matched with this can 1 shot mage minion and 2shot melee minion
Anything's better than crit damage, but crit chance seems like a bit of a waste considering it doesn't buff his decieve auto-crit. Armor pen gives a really big damage increase. Even with black cleaver, it takes several attacks to build up the armor reduction plus they'll probably have enough armor past 60 to still make penetration worthwhile.

Eliseo

03-25-2010

Keep in mind that a full book of crit damage runes is like 25k IP, and crit damage is good for shaco, but only him (and tryn but he kinda sucks now). But armor penetration runes, like 6k IP, are good for all physical dps champions, even if shaco is your main, eventually you will play other champions. So its like 25k ip only for shaco and 6k for all physical.

Digitalcandy

03-25-2010

I've gotten flamed several times for my build, but I still think it's better than an armor pen build.

My rune page consists of 43% crit damage, and I also have the 10% crit damage from mastery, so I enter games with 53% crit damage.

My build goes like this...

1. Long Sword
2. HP
3. Boots of Mobility
4. Vampiric Scepter
5. Tiamant
6. Phantom Dancer
7. Phantom Dancer
8. Sell Mobility Boots and buy Beserker's Greaves
9. Last Whisperer
10. Sell Tiamant and buy Infinity Edge
11. Blood Thirster

So final build looks like this....

* Beserker's Greaves
* Infinity Edge
* Phantom Dancer
* Phantom Dancer
* Last Whisperer
* Blood Thirster

The key for my shaco are the two Phantom Dancers. Once I get that second one, I am usually winning 1 vs 2 battles so long as I have my Ulti ready to go. The two PDs basically make every single one of my strikes a crit and at ~2.0 strikes per second it's like i'm throwing 4 strikes per second with ulti (not sure if clone trows crit strikes as well...i don't think so).

Also...with 2 PDs, i am dodging a good amount of opponent strikes, and my move speed is in upwards of 500, so I'm able to fly around the map ganking with ease.

I am a one trick pony. I play only Shaco as you can see in the attachment. People bag on me for the high losses with him, but since I really only played him since level 1 summoner, a lot more of my losses came when i was less than 15 Summoner level with Shaco.

I tried the Armor pen strat for 10 games, and it just isn't the same as my crit damage strat.

Here is a recent game, but i'd say I average about 17/3/5. I get 30+ kills about 5 or 6 times per week, and my best line is 41/2/1.

Holypope

03-25-2010

It depends how you're playing. If you're going for all physical dps then armor pen is great. Don't mind Digital Candy... he just sucks at math. If he'd done his research, he'd know that he'd be doing more damage via armor pen than crit chance or damage USING HIS ITEM BUILD AND STRATEGY. But anyway, magic pen and cooldown reduction seem better for my play style. If you go AP, having cooldown reduction, magic pen and/or mana regen will help you out a lot more.

Using blues for cooldown reduction is your best bet regardless of your build.
Yellows feel best as mana regen for me, also regardless of the build.
Reds are probably best as armor/magic pen
Quints are a toss up for cooldown/armor pen/magic pen