Stuck at 33% and 99%

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aengil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Riot, I beg of you, help me out. There's been a lot of forum posts lately about this, and the patcher just won't update, saying that there's not enough room for it to update. I've tried for 7 hours, waiting around. I've tried running it as and administrator. I've also downloaded the League of Legends RADS.clean rar, but I'm not sure what to do with it, what I'm trying now is just running the client that's inside the folder after extracting it. I'm also running repair first.

Please, how do I fix this? And why is that I have this problem every time a new champion comes out? D: Thanks!

Eviltinkerbella

06-01-2011

We all have this problem. I disabled my Windows firewall and the firewall in my anti-virus and ran as administrator and I got past 33% complete but I am now @ 99% and its going really slow now and not working after I got that far, so frustrating cause I was sure it was going to work,.

Aengil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

I know It always gets stuck. I'm trying now to move the clean RADS files into the League of Legends folder...

Eviltinkerbella

06-01-2011

Hopefully that works for you, I have not tried that what are you suppose to do? =/

Aengil

06-01-2011

Somewhat unsuprisingly, I got the same results. It gets stuck at 33% for the "Updating" section, and the bottom is stuck at 99%, always. I tried before awhile ago before this update, to delete the "version" file somewhere in the League of Legends file, and forced it to update completely as if it didn't have a version to begin with. That worked, but when I tried a second time it didn't... it seems the only way right now is to redownload and reinstall. Sorry I can't help :\ Riot's not being very helpful either with updating, all they do is repeat the same old stuff:

-We can't support a manual patch (Jesse)
-Run as an administrator (Udyr)
-Repair, under the options section in the patcher (Udyr)
-Reinstall and redownload (Jesse)
-Cancel P2P transfer in the options section, I haven't tried this yet :\ (Udyr)

I mean, come on Riot! I think you need to address the issues with the patcher more seriously - I've paid money for this game, I expect at least an easy update for every new patch that comes out. Instead, every time it updates, it freezes, and I either have to download a manual patch (which for some reason you aren't making this time), or redownload and reinstall the game. This is, frankly, a waste of time and not being appreciative of your customers. There have been many forum posts that are asking how to fix this. What you've done so far isn't helpful, we tell you that running as an administrator or repairing it doesn't work, and you stay silent, because you don't have a solution

I am asking, on behalf of all the players who are having trouble updating every single patch, why can't you focus on updating and fixing the patcher before you make new champions? At the very least, can't you delay the champion additions so we don't have to kill ourselves to update LoL every few weeks? Thank you.

Bump please!

Eviltinkerbella

06-01-2011

Bump! I totally hear you on that. My patcher is currently on 99% complete top and bottom with only 0.50MB remaining and now its not moving and that is just total BS.

When that happens the connection times out on me and I gotta go through the same process all over again, which is something that me and others should not have to do.

Now its 122MB remaining wth RIOT HELP US!

Eviltinkerbella

06-01-2011

Bump

Eviltinkerbella

06-01-2011

Bump!

Aengil

06-02-2011

Thank you Jeru xD I believe that unchecking the peer to peer transfer seems to be working out quite nicely - it allows your download speed to actually mantain a high rate.it's at 89% complete now! (in the top section). I believe turning off your firewall helps somewhat, what's most important is to uncheck the peer to peer transfer button, otherwise the internet speed seems to be slow for it to actually update.

Eviltinkerbella

06-03-2011

I tried that already as well the other day but I guess I will give it another shot