Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LoL won't Launch (can't get to patcher, logo only)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thesweeks

06-01-2011

I formatted my computer earlier today and put a clean install of XP Home on it. I have nothing installed except for LoL, Trillian, Firefox, and Malwarebytes. I have updated DirectX and Adobe AIR. Windows Firewall is off and is only firewall on the system.

I click on the game icon and the logo flashes and disappears as it typically does. The cursor goes to loading/pointer combo, then goes back to a regular pointer. During this time, rads_user_kernel.exe and PMB.exe both appear in the process list temporarily (same time while the cursor is loading/pointer) but disappears.

In the League of Legends folder, I have run both lol.launcher.exe and lol.launcher.admin.exe, both yielding the same result.

Restarting does not help.

thesweeks

06-01-2011

shameless bump

xXAstroBoyXx

06-01-2011

Same fore me bump !!! riot is useless on helping

thesweeks

06-02-2011

Squeaky wheel.

SeventhDoorman

06-12-2011

bumpity bump

SwiftAssassin

06-12-2011

made a couple of threads about this and riot isn't responding. hopefully we'll get some help soon...

Pixiate

06-18-2011

Same problem. Sigh.

Judie Kiley

06-18-2011

Try the solution on page 2
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=858514 (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=858514)