Anivia Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blacksurt

08-31-2009

Basically ive really taken a liking to cryo, not because of the soothing feminine voice, or the fact shes the only hero without feet, but because she nukes so insanely hard when played right.

Skill build:
1-Flash Frost
2-Frostbite
3-Flash Frost/Crystallize
4-Frostbite
5-Frostbite
6-Glacial Storm
7-Frostbite
8-Flash Frost
9-Frostbite
then max Flash Frost, and finally crystallize.

How to nuke with Avinia:

There are two heavy nukes with Avinia, Flash Frost, and Frostbite. Flashfrost is a relitivly slow projectile that can do double damage if you time it correctly, and Frostbite can do double damage if the target is under the effect of an ice spell/effect. Both have very high damage potential but the one i prefer is Frostbite.

The thing that makes Frostbite so deadly, is that its almost too easy to use with Glacial Storm. For those who don't know, Glacial Storm is a fairly large AOE ice attack, with very low cooldown. You cast Glacial Storm on the target then quickly fire Frostbite at the target, as soon as Frostbite hits, cancel Glacial Storm. Why cancel Storm? it has a VERY high manacost per dps (at lvl 1 its 1.2 to 1 mana), its almost always better to just wait for the combo to cooldown and just nuke with it.

Some people prefer using Flash Frost, i dont. Flash Frost is better suited for farming ranged creeps because most heros can run out of its way, The projectile is just too slow/small to be useful as the main attack in a gank/kill. Though it also stacks well with Glacial slow, so you will end up using it in addition, but the focus will be on Frostbite.

Spells used-Exhaust/Flash, both stack very well with Glacial slow. Glacial/Bite, then Flash near the target, cast exhaust, by the time exhaust is over you should be able to Glacial/Bite again without any worries.

Items: Ill list when servers back up and i can get a correct list of names. Focus on spell power because her nuke is devastating.

Runes: Either spam Ability power or -cooldown, i personally go for the ability power.

Why no Crystallize? Because early game its easier to nuke for 500 damage and kill in a split second than poke using under leveled spells. Crystallize is VERY useful for lane control, blocking off inner towers, blocking off passages, but its only useful at Max level, level 1 Crystallize is pretty much useless in a 5v5 fight, your going to need to be focusing on nuking peoples brains out.

Questions/Comments?

UrQuan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

Its also worth noting that the wall can be used to stop people from backing out of Glacial Storm and that the blue rune from the golems is the best buff she can get if you just want to leave the Storm on.

Blacksurt

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by urquan View Post
Its also worth noting that the wall can be used to stop people from backing out of Glacial Storm and that the blue rune from the golems is the best buff she can get if you just want to leave the Storm on.
True, but the strategy is to focus on the nuke and save mana

Yuralz

08-31-2009

I agree mostly but I would recommend getting 1 level of crystalize at level 3. That spell has saved my life and my teammate's lives many times in early ganks and can ensure death to a speedy enemy running away through the jungle.

Blacksurt

08-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuralz View Post
I agree mostly but I would recommend getting 1 level of crystalize at level 3. That spell has saved my life and my teammate's lives many times in early ganks and can ensure death to a speedy enemy running away through the jungle.
Yea, ill edit and make it more loving of crystallize

MegaZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

Ask me for any anivia question =P

Julien

09-01-2009

Ummm....Items???

cpsubrian

09-01-2009

Mega, in general are you more about frostbite or flashfrost? Whats ur mindset regarding Glacial? Do you initiate with it?

HowlingKommando

09-01-2009

Great guide. I agree that Glacial -> Frostbite combo is Anivia's best tactic in the game.

Whether to max Flash or Crystallize first is a matter of playstyle though. I think both ways can work.

Blacksurt

09-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlingKommando View Post
Great guide. I agree that Glacial -> Frostbite combo is Anivia's best tactic in the game.

Whether to max Flash or Crystallize first is a matter of playstyle though. I think both ways can work.
Maxing flash is less useful in 1v1 combat because most players can move out of the way in time, though it is very effective in holding a lane and farming ranged creeps