Shen, Tactics do's and dont's

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twiejk

03-24-2010

let's skip the explaining and get right to the point.

What on earth do i need to do with shen,
I tried him as a tank, but only a 2 sec taunt without sideeffects just doesnt quite help in battle (only if they don't kill u in that time). if u equip him with some dmg items to combine tank and dmg u lack tank stats.
He just doesnt compete to other tanks

Tried him as dpser, Phantom dancers, some dmg items. etc he just doesnt have the right skills or dmg output to accualy compete with ANY other dpser.

AP build. dont get me started on that, ur ultra ninja trowing sword will do more dmg, and ur lifeleech wich doesnt help anyway since u dont have any melee stats at all with AP build (ap must be stupidly high to even make a difference)

So i tried the builds, maybe it was me? maybe i did something wrong...

1:I start the game off with a regrowth pendand and the taunt skill and shortly after the shield skill
2: after i tried to catch some dmg from the enemy(wich works well if there is not DOT dps on your lane) with my shield to prevent my teamm8 from getting abused, Worked.
3: Lateron in the game i tried taunting enemy's into fight with the charge skill and informing my teamm8 that i will taunt.
I did that by moving behind the enemy and charging TROUGH them so i dont get hit and my teamm8 can do whatever he pleases with the enemy, fine, but after 2 sec of amazing ninja taunt () i could only imput 100 dmg + 100-200 dmg uber ninja sword trow
So i start buying some dmg items, wich dont work out well anyway since u need HP to tank/survive your own taunt
4: fine, knowing im a support hero i start stacking some serieous hp and stuff, using my ulti and taunt to save teamm8's. but what happends now is what bothers me the most, i taunt.... the enemy start hitting my face... and accualy killing me within those 2 sec of taunt while having a nice set of defensive items and hp
5: fine, i cant tank people like other tanks can, i cant dps like other dpsers cant, i cant cast like the AP users can, i got a nice ulti to save teamm8's and can deliver some final blows taunting nearly dead people for my team wich i just helped with my ulti,.... yay...

What makes this hero better then playing ninja turtle rammus.... then playing pimpass twisted fate?

I cant see the point of this ninjalike tank hero at ALL

If u guys figured out a nice way of playing this Rejected ninja let me know,

closing this post with a little tear in the corner of my eye,

BAI :<

P.S dont let me down community! i want my 7 dollars to be well spend!

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

He's a great tank, you just fail.

Brussel Sprout

03-24-2010

Q.
W.
One level in E til late game.

R is amazing to save an ally and then turn the tables.

Spam Q & W. Whenever you think you might cop a champ's spell, cast it, everything has such short cooldown times, you should be spamming them all the time.

E is awesome for escaping, going through walls, and finishing off, intiating battle.

I just get health items. Warmogs first.

The problem is that I think you're relying on taunt too much. It's a nice ability. That's about it.

Oh, and always, ALWAYS, first thing you do is Q the champ you're fighting with. You need to heal from your attacks.

Dark Mechanicus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Sprout's got the idea. I only really use taunt later on. Throw the sword, fight them a bit while tapping feint, then use taunt to boost energy, then throw sword again.

With the build iv'e been using, I go with hp and try to build a stark's fervor asap. The atk speed and lifesteal really adds up with your ninja sword thing.

Xocolatl

03-24-2010

You will need lots of armor in addition to high HP. HP only does so much, and once you stack around 2500, you're better off with armor in my experience. If anything, I tend to build my tanks around having high armor over high HP.

2sec taunt is not bad. Most tank's disables only lasts about that long. But one amazing thing about Shen's taunt is that it's AoE, and you can actually group a lot of champs together. Your 2 seconds could mean 1300+ AoE dmg from Katarina (I love it when Shen group up the enemies for me), or other AoE champs.

Malbolsia

03-24-2010

What I've been doing is heart of gold, warmog, phantom dancer then some type of the attack damage item havent figured out which one I want to go with yet but it seems to work pretty well for me.

AceSkyheart

03-24-2010

i get warmogs ninja tabi frozen mallet, then its usually GG. But im thinking about getting atmas after frozen. i wonder how well that will work with his passive.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-24-2010

I get warmogs, tabi/threads (depends), and atma's. if the game still exists past that point, I get rylai's (over frozen mallet, because not only does it make q stronger and feint block a little more damage, but it also adds 80 to your shield ult...1:1 ratio)

shen has alistar health. that means, with just a warmogs, provided you know how to get creep kills (not terribly hard on shen actually), you finish at lv18 with around 3300 health.

at that point, atma's is great.

if you find yourself needing more magic resist, grab banshee's veil over frozen mallet...if you need more armor, grab a thornmail.

Voidgolem

03-24-2010

What to do with Shen:

HP like whoa. Toss in a thornmail/warden's mail somewhere and you aught to be fine (use Feint to handle magic, if possible)

>.>

Tacktula

03-25-2010

When I play shen I get regrowth pendant/Doran's Shield
Treads/Tabi
Frozen Mallet
Then I stack MR or armor
I average about 8-10 kills per game with 1-4 deaths