Heimer, let's talk

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12obert13oyle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

ok, so I'm sure there are mixed feelings about the heimer "rebuild" but here's how i see things. (i didn't see another post on the matter so if there is please direct me there)

There are people who say that this "rebuild" is not a nerf. However overall changes result in a ABSOLUTE nerf to how I used to play Heimer, i'd like to see how others veiw these changes and perhaps if there is any good that came out of the change. So let's take a look

H-28G Evolution Turret (remake)
Green turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, reducing Armor and Magic Resist on hit. Red Turrets spawn at level 5 and cause area of effect damage on hit.
Turrets damage increased to 28/36/44/52/60 from 20/26/32/38/44
Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement
Max turrets lowered to 1/2/2/3/3 from 2/3/4/5/6
New missile particles added for green and red turrets

Geen turrets now spawn at level 3 and 4 of this skill, red turrets spawn at level 5. This is cool, since before you could only bring a green turret into a teamfight, now you can potentialy bring red.
Turrets now attack 50% faster for the first 6 seconds after placement, this change... meh ok.... but now in 1 turrets lifetime they will only get that increased attkspeed once, whereas he used to be able to upgrade it multiple times.
Minor damage increase which would seem like a buff, HOWEVER, since the number of turrets he get's is 1/2 they'd have to DOUBBLE the damage on the turrets to for it it be a buff.
Max turrets halfed, MAJOR nerf, no more mapcontrol heimer

Hextech Micro-Rockets
Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds at all levels from 20
Rockets now hit the 3 nearest enemy minions or Champions, instead of just Champions
Fires 3 rockets at all levels
Ability Power Coefficient reduced to 0.55 from 0.8 to accomodate the significant cooldown reduction
Base damage reduced to 85/135/185/235/285 from 90/150/210/270/330

So basicly now you nuke creeps for less damage twice as fast as you used to be able to nuke heros for more.

UPGRADE!!! (remake)
UPGRADE!!! retains the 10/15/20% cooldown reduction passive
On activation, all existing Evolution Turrets are healed for 100% of their max hit points. In addition, all existing Evolution Turrets begin fire 20/25/30% movement slowing missiles for 10 seconds.
Mana cost 90 at all levels
Cooldown is 120/105/90

Upgrade, frost turrets, that's cool that's a buff. Heals all turrets, ok, buff. No more can we increase the attk speed on a turret at will, that's a nerf.

Overall, it seems they were trying to give heimer more OOMPH in a teamfight by nerfing to **** his laning and staying power. Now in a lane your turrets never get a chance to evolve so they do less overall damage since you have to replace them to get the upgraded versions, so they'll always have less damage. In a teamfight i now can't nuke heros with rocket so i'm just a creepwave clearer... nice.... forced to target creeps with grenade so my rockets can hit? rather than use my grenade as a stun/blind... or just accept that my rockets will rarely hit heros.... Jungle heimer???? instead of being able to kite behind a tank and do damage to heros i'm forced to kite behind tanks and nuke creeps.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GodLikeKiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

I hate heimer now...used to be better...rocket sucks now...Bring back the old heimer!!!