Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why is Karma bad, exactly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaver Forte

06-01-2011

I watched HSGG play her in one of the tournament matches and decided to give her a try.

She definitely requires a ton of team coordination for her laser-line damage but outside of that, why is she bad?

She has a lot of ways of getting off 500+ damage nukes(R + E from a distance, she doesn't even have to be close to the fight), she has a built in heal, and she carries some CC with her to boot.

I just don't understand why I've been losing games with her though. We've been nailing teamfights, I've been doing a good job as support(keeping a shield up and the heals flying), but we still lose.

Karma discussion thread?

YYZed

06-01-2011

She isn't bad, people just blamed that loss on karma even though it wasn't karma being a bad hero, it was CLG not drafting a good initiator. I mean, annie can initiate, but not when the team doesn't have too much beef.

Reaver Forte

06-01-2011

Quote:
Nyte Crawler:
She isn't bad, people just blamed that loss on karma even though it wasn't karma being a bad hero, it was CLG not drafting a good initiator. I mean, annie can initiate, but not when the team doesn't have too much beef.
Yeah, but people are constantly saying that Karma is UP. Underplayed != Underpowered.

otirruborez

06-01-2011

she doesn't have an ult.

Reaver Forte

06-01-2011

Quote:
otirruborez:
she doesn't have an ult.
Okay? She has a 700 damage shield that provides AOE damage at around 400AP. She has a heal that follows the same idea.

Leetsaws

06-01-2011

HotshotGG played her = she's a good champ

ok

FailTsukkomi

06-01-2011

Let me quote what I said on another thread.

That may help, but the main problem with her, IMO, is that support-wise, she needs too much farm to be useful. Her shield is basically pointless except for the fact that it's a shield, meaning you need to farm and stack AP for it to be good. It doesn't help that the only other utility it has is damage which ALSO needs you to stack AP. As a support.

Her heal is none too impressive base-value wise either, and again, unlike, say, Soraka or Nidalee's heal, it has nothing other than the fact that it doubles as a nuke, which ALSO requires AP. If you DON'T have AP, all it is is a 135 + 5% (Essentially 1/20th of someone's missing health) of missing health heal, at max level. Which is, well, ****, considering it doesn't give you anything else. Sure it's AoE, but the fact that you're probably healing people that don't need healing at the moment limits the effectiveness of it being AoE, at least in comparison to the 80 armor from Soraka's heal, 60% ASPD from Nidalee's heal, 20 armor/mr team-wide buff from Sona's heal, and teamfight reset from Janna's.

And to top it all off, you need Mantra for the heal to even apply. Or the damage from the shield. And she only has 3 abilities.

The problem is that Riot treats her like a normal champion and gives her 3 normal abilities, instead of 3 above-average abilities to compensate for her lack of ult. In fact, you even need that stupid mantra mechanic to even PUT her heal and shield on the level of an average normal ability, because they are just god**** awful without mantra, period. A mediocre cone AoE nuke with crappy scaling on a 9 second cooldown and a shield that just... is a shield with no extra utility.

And on top of all that, she has no CC except her rather meh spirit bonds. She's a support that NEEDS farm to be even vaguely ON PAR with other supports.

Mikasa Akkaman

06-01-2011

-No real CC, merely a slow.
-Damage and healing limited by her Mantra's.
-Mechanics on her Q and W that require your team to not be stupid.

She doesn't have the burst/consistent damage to be an AP caster and she requires too much farm to be viable support.

PRN

06-01-2011

Technically Leblanc doesn't have an ult and i think the whole ult thing isn't even the reason.

I like Karma..... only for her heal blades. Everything else = meh. Other champs do it better. She had potential but she lost it.

Hazanshu

06-01-2011

No hard cc for one..spirit bond i have suggested a very good buff for it..

Mantra-live effect for bond needs to be the normal or somewhere between the 2 ms difference..while the new mantra will direct flow of dmg to or from someone..

if thats not enough..increase range of Q by 25 and since i heard they nerfed her shield revert that :/

I would play her though she's fun and dynamic, similar to orianna.. and thats more than enough reason for me.