Bots games and IP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

So it seems like after a certain number of minutes playing bot games you can no longer earn exp/IP from playing bots. Does anyone know how many minutes it is? Is there any way to tell when its reset?

PhinixPhire

06-01-2011

OP has a good question. Hope someone is able to answer. :-)

On a related note, I'd also like to know what the difference in IP/XP reward is between PvP and PvAI... I assume PvP pays out more, but am not certain. Anyone know?

OMG Laserguns

06-01-2011

After I think it's summoner level 10 (or is it 15?) you start getting a pretty hefty reduction on IP from Co-Op vs AI games, although you'll still get your 150 IP for a first win of the day. Once you hit about Lvl20 or so, you'll be getting something like 20 IP from a win against bots, and at Lvl30 it's down to <10 IP.

Basically, after Lvl10 or so, you don't do Co-Op for IP (excluding first wins of the day).

Gunflame

06-01-2011

every day you only get about 2 hours? or 3 hours? of IP from CUSTOM/PRACTICE/BOT games. If you want more IP you have to play normal or ranked games.

This only applies to lvl 10 summoners or higher. It is a way for riot to avoid "AFK bot farming" in practice and custom games. Not saying I agree but you know it is their game after all.

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
every day you only get about 2 hours? or 3 hours? of IP from CUSTOM/PRACTICE/BOT games. If you want more IP you have to play normal or ranked games.

This only applies to lvl 10 summoners or higher. It is a way for riot to avoid "AFK bot farming" in practice and custom games. Not saying I agree but you know it is their game after all.
I think the point is that bots really can only teach you the basics of the game. After that, if you're not playing real people, you are not properly learning how to be a team player. So they don't want to encourage people past level 10 to use the bot system.

But I do believe its 3hours off the top of my head. I could be wrong. i want to say that after you complete a game, it says toward the top of the screen. x number of minutes remaining to receive awards or something like that.

Serpicos

06-01-2011

But how do you tell when your time has reset and you can get bot points again?

NintendoChalmers

06-01-2011

It tells you after the game finishes. Let the end game screen load and on top of your experience gain screen, there should be the number of minutes Coop vs. AI minutes left in green. It's 180 minutes total by the way.

Serpicos

06-01-2011

Is there a way to tell before I play an actual game?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-01-2011

Fairly certain it resets at a set time each day, but unfortunately there's no way I know of telling how many minutes you have remaining without playing.

Serpicos

06-01-2011

Ok final question, do you know what time it resets every day?