Why Zilean is OP, a logical proof from a Zil player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

03-24-2010

I'm not sure if I would consider him OP. He can definitely shut down some champions early game and he is really annoying but I don't see him as game breaking. I have seen too many games where hes tears it up early/mid game and falls by the wayside late game. Too many champions either run cleanse or have enough health that his bombs don't matter.

I have seen zilean tear it up and be a good support caster all game long but more often It feels like he becomes much less useful after mid game when everyone else starts ramping up.

peyo

03-24-2010

you also missed the part, that after these 2 bombs, he's quite useless... also extremly squishy

Qlio

03-24-2010

jedininjaman you are being too cocky thinking zilean is so strong. He is not best mid lane, also champs like mordekaiser, udyr and now shen can easily reduce his bomb dmg. Or kassadin, silence and slow and zil runs.
I used to think zilean is OP, but in time i learned that hes nothing that strong. if you face him in jungle, after he uses 2 bombs, he cant do anything but run being that squishy.

Madawc

03-24-2010

zilean is more annoying than anything, and if hes middle. better hope you have an ashe on your team cause thats the only champ that really outranges him early game.

Nanano

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Zilean isn't overpowered...
I play Morgana and i never been afraid of Zilean, whatever the level... Her black shield may be considered as OP though...

GuyGin

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanano View Post
Zilean isn't overpowered...
I play Morgana and i never been afraid of Zilean, whatever the level... Her black shield may be considered as OP though...
I don't think people consider it necessarily OP (some people seem to) but either way it's a direct counter to zilean.

Still it seems a lot of people are underestimating Zilean's ability to take people out. A zilean with a Deathfire grasp and proper runes can be devestating. Take enough Mpen (9 marks and 1 quint, + sorcerer's shoes for 30ish) and Blue AP/LvL's + 1 or 2 flat AP quints, and time bomb + DFG + time bomb can really ruin someone's day.

Adding to that the fact that he is incredibly slipperey and he's at least a solid hero, even if he's not op.

wissmongler

03-24-2010

the only op thing is his cdr and the range of his timebomb. Other then that..squishy and does squat if ur not fed. Soraka can disable him like nothing rendering him useless. Hell, i think soraka can win in a 1 vs 1 fight. Ziliean is a pain but not unstoppabe and not garunteed win if he mids. Otherwise i would mid with him every game. He is not my mai n and he is fun but no his not op. Just pissy hero that can ruin ur feelings when he pops his ulti on a fighter and u just killed him hoping to get 300 gold.

PackMan97

03-24-2010

Zil is great for pub stomping in low ELO, no doubt about it. His ult really gives bad gankers problems as does his speed and his harassment. However, in any decent game he quickly becomes someone who is just around to res the carry/tank in a team fight.

scals

03-24-2010

I too love playing as Zilean and note he is a powerful hero. But you seem to not understand he has 1 damage spell. One. Not two... one...

It better be a god **** good spell!

He is good support and damage, but hes not hard to counter if you know how to play this game.

Get a veil, some MR, a hard stun, or silence.

LaloHao

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Are you kidding me? AP Ratio is 1.1 on bomb, that's so OP...