Why Zilean is OP, a logical proof from a Zil player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jedininjaman

03-24-2010

Credentials: I have mained Zilean for around 100 games and my kill/death ratio with him is 3.78 and a 65% win rate. relative to other players this is very good for any hero...
Zilean is op for a few simple reasons which i will address. however I am going to start with a few facts about zil.
-He is the strongest mid game hero.
-He is the best late game support hero period.
-if you give zil mid, you will win.
-Dont let other zil have solo mid.
-Insane ability synergy on his part.

Alright, now for the substantiation. The reason Zil is over powered is simple, at level 9 he has two rank 5 nukes. No other hero in the game can even come close to this. This is because of rewind. At level 9 he can get his 5th rank of time bomb, and as loing as he has atleast one level in rewind, he can double cast it. This would be equivelent of Annie having a rank 5 Disintigrate & a rank 5 Incinerate available at level 9. Or Ryze having a rank 5 Overload and a Rank 5 Rune prison at level 9. It doesnt add up.
This is made even worse because a level 9 Zil can have
-2 Rank 5 nukes
-1 Ultimate
-1 rank 2 Escape skill.

So effectively, a level 9 Zilean has the same rank abilities available as any oridanary level 13.
This makes Zil the BEST Hero from levels 9-16.
Now look at his passive, its an 8% exp boost -so now he reaches level 9 faster than any other champ. This is very rigged.

The second part of Zilean being O.P. is at level 18, with 40% cdr (Very easy for zilean to reach) he can literally get the cd on his ult ~30 sec.
When I play Zil, I can throw my ult down on the team carry (usually myself) several times in one team fight. Thouroughly OP for any invulnerability spell..

And in case you haven't understood the implications of a level 9 Zil being op,
The same is true for levels 3,5,7 aswell.

He can literally wreck **** at every stage in the game, just better zil's switch over to support late game and carry early / mid game.
I hope this makes sense.

In conclusion the more subtle side of his being op, are his ability synergies. Zilean can get out of anything. He has the best slow/movespd buff in the game, the strongest Nuke (non ultimate) in the game, and the best support skill. i prefer Zils ult on me over kayles, everyone runs when they see kayle ult'd. however w/ zil you can use it as bait, or just surviveability.
comments? If anyone has a logical refutation I would be honored, if they would try...

inept

03-24-2010

if he was overpowered he wouldnt be mediocre at best. annoying in lane, nothing more. a gentle breeze kills him unless you build for survivability, and then MR will just mitigate his bombs into nothingness. Sure maybe he is overpowered at a skill level where you get 20 mejai's every game, but that is beside the point.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

you missed what truly makes Zilean OP.

#1 - His cast range on timebomb, and that timebomb does not pull minion/turret aggro.
#2 - His Ult on a carry, gives the opposing team 2 equally bad options in a fight. Focus on the carry, and then have to fight that carry again in a teamfight after 5 seconds. Or ignore the carry for 10seconds. That alone is typically enough to sway battle.
#3 - Timebombs can do rediculous damage all game long, and really have opps QQing. adds a ton of threat in teamfights.

all that said, he is super squishy.. so tough to nerf as he used to be worthless.

Zunixx

03-24-2010

Zilean is just an annoyance.

- Anyone with Cleanse effectively halves Zileans early game damage output
- Anyone with a decent heal can just push right through Zilean's midlane. The bomb is his only damage, and you really dont stop anyone with it.
- If someone helps their midlaner, they can push right through together. This isn't true against most other midlaners.

And how about:
"He is the best late game support hero period.". Buah.
With decent items (no need to be feeded) Soraka can launch her heal-everyone-for 800+ hp ulti every 36 seconds. On top of her other heals, mana restores and mr-reductions. That is support on a whole other level.

xzymethx

03-24-2010

its like with twisted in november '09 : no1 used him, so riot buffed him until more ppl took him
same with karthus : no1 used him until he gotten strong buffs

zilean was so up... but they changed rewind cooldown from 31~sec to 15~sec, thats over 50%
bomb dmg higher and less mana ...

right now its really a pain to play against him,especially when he has mana regen items/masteries + runes

YellowSnowsicle

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunixx View Post
Zilean is just an annoyance.

- Anyone with Cleanse effectively halves Zileans early game damage output
Cleanse has the same cooldown as bomb. True story.

GuyGin

03-24-2010

Logical proof that Zil is not overpowered? He's not fiddlesticks.

IMO zilean is amazingly strong. I don't think he breaches the "OP" point however.

Revenancer

03-24-2010

I have a similar win rate and superior K/D with Cho'gath, who is my main. Does that make him overpowered too?

I have never, no matter what character, felt any fear of a zilean. He is only really good in the very beginning, but then there are a number of characters that can shrug off his laning capability (cho'gath, mordekaiser, soraka+someone, nidalee, etc).

It sounds like you're just used to being fed.

The Promise

03-24-2010

Really? Zil is just a pain. I have yet to see a Zilean that can even touch me in mid (I play Nidalee), but then again, most people can't do much against Nidalee in mid. (**** you Katarina!)

The key to shutting down Zilean is to simply pressure him. He is very squishy, and has no heal other than items and potions. His bomb does have a CD, so once he lets of a bomb and it goes off punish him for it; this is especially powerful when you have him solo.
Once he gets to end game all he is is a carry saver with a bit of AoE. If you focus Zil early in team fights he will pop his Chronoshift on himself and you can lol as you turn to blow up his carry. His bomb damage is average, even when he double bombs, and other than Chronoshift he doesn't have much as his Slow/Speed is, in my experienced, used as an escape and not in team fights.
Zilean is not bad; he is not the old Warwick but any means, but calling him OP is just silly.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-24-2010

His bombs have very good scaling, and as the OP states, are effectively two nukes. No other char (except gragas) has two nukes with such high ap ratios. The damage is also aoe, which while easily avoided early game, is a huge threat in team fights.