Champion Spotlight: Orianna, the Lady of Clockwork

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Okiko

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstriker View Post
Tip: Remove The Ball from her AOE slow spell animation

Seeing two Balls on screen is weird
The Ball didn't bother me at all for that.. It was mainly the fact that it seemed there was no color difference between the enemy/ally AOE. :| Hopefully its something they added in after the clip was taken..

Sneaky Thing

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownagenesss View Post
She looks kinda OP, but we shall see.
This is probably because she's new and the players don't know how to respond to her, like every other champion in every other champion spotlight.

I suspect the best response is to treat her attacks as all skill shots and dodge them accordingly while closing distance and staying out of her slow.

Staying mobile and focusing on bursting her will probably keep her from bullying you without retaliation, but it honeslty seems like her ball speed is SUPER fast. Maybe it's an effect of the video and will be slower in games.

My predictions for her next patch:
-slower projectile speed (if it's as fast as it looks)
-maybe a delay on her Command: Dissonance
-nerf to her haste/slow (unlikely, but it seemed like it was doing a HUGE percent)
-nerf to her shield, because when they're chasing Maokai (4:37-4:42) it looks gigantic

I also think the ball color is fine, seeing at you have an arrow indicating the location of your own ball.

GrimValiant

Cloudsmeet

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowstriker View Post
Tip: Remove The Ball from her AOE slow spell animation

Seeing two Balls on screen is weird
That's from the enemy Orianna.

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

This has got to be the most confusing new champion ever O_o. But yeah, I agree the ball should be colored differently. And her passive.. is like Miss Fortune's ability that stacks with every subsequent hit..

MUNDOSOLOMID

05-31-2011

looks underpowered to me

NessOnett

05-31-2011

wow, I almost threw up in my mouth when I read Phreak's Nasus comment. That is just WRONG! Makes me nearly unable to watch.

slantingturtle

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCuri View Post
Looks awesome.

GLaDOS in human form.
Did she at least bring cake...?
the cake is a lie.

To Condescend

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKevlar View Post
wow. would like to try her. looks interesting enough
much better on the champ spotlight. like the new addition with the abilites and skins while you show her off

gets better every week.
I agree. Gets better and better with each spotlight. Still waiting on my elemental swordsman to hit the scene. A calculating swordsman with elemental attacks would own. Riot! get to it! start brainstorming and bring him/her to life. and please... Leave the "Splinter Cell" Master Yi helmet out of the character design this time.
`Larmar

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-31-2011

Im blue make me red!