Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Freezes right at start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zahmet

08-31-2009

Ok, you guys must really hate Heros of Newerth...

I played a game of LoL when I came home while downloading the beta of HoN, once then game was done the download was finished, I closed LoL and installed HoN.

Then I played 2 games of HoN won one, lost one, and got the urge to play LoL again since I think I enjoy LoL more, but now it freezes when I try to start it, I get the first "splash" screen but then nothing happens and if I wait long enough it dies on its own, otherwise if I click Log or Option it will open that window and then freeze so I can't do anything.

I've tried to reboot my computer and other non-drastic things to get it to work but its just not working atm.

I know there will be a new patch out soon and I have to reinstall anyway, and I'm going on vacation so I won't reinstall it at this point but thought I should just point this out.

Also the Play buttom is empty just a blue box.

EDIT:
Guessing this is what the sticky was about... anyway as I said it worked today and then 1 hour laer it didn't work and I tried the fix and it didnt work either :/

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

09-01-2009

Thanks for reporting. Only real solutions available are installing Windows SP3 and reinstalling LoL so waiting for the new patcher may be a good idea.

Skar

09-04-2009

Similar problem. reinstalling did not help. hon also installed ^^

vista 32 here.