The Xhai Meki Scroll: A Shen Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joppanator

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil Sine Nefas View Post
Lol, do you not realize how ridiculous you sound? Apparently, farming 6000+ gold and 250 creep kills for 2 fully charged Warmogs is just so **** easy and happens every game. This is just silly.
haha funny because killing and assisting 10 times without dieing is SO much easier? especially with such a tank Shen?

besides from what i've heard from you why get warmog's at all?

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppanator View Post
haha funny because killing and assisting 10 times without dieing is SO much easier? especially with such a tank Shen?

besides from what i've heard from you why get warmog's at all?
Leviathan becomes cost effective after 10 stacks, which is pretty easy to do, unless your team is getting rolled, in which case you won't be getting 2 Warmogs either. If you seriously believe that getting 2 Warmogs is feasible in most games, I suggest you stop playing against bots.

Joppanator

04-21-2010

Quote:
Leviathan becomes cost effective after 10 stacks, which is pretty easy to do, unless your team is getting rolled, in which case you won't be getting 2 Warmogs either. If you seriously believe that getting 2 Warmogs is feasible in most games, I suggest you stop playing against bots.
first of all i'm hardly playing against bots.
second i never said that i would get 2 warmog's anyways so stop putting words in my mouth!
i simply stated that if people were so inclined to get a lot more health another warmog's would be more helpful than leviathan. JFC!!!...it's a bad sight. =) funny

you also didn't answer my question

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppanator View Post
first of all i'm hardly playing against bots.
second i never said that i would get 2 warmog's anyways so stop putting words in my mouth!
i simply stated that if people were so inclined to get a lot more health another warmog's would be more helpful than leviathan. JFC!!!...it's a bad sight. =) funny

you also didn't answer my question
Uh, look several posts up. You clearly said that if people wanted more health, they should get a second Warmogs. And if you don't do that yourself, why give other people advice that you don't follow?

Warmogs is one of the least cost efficient items in terms of HP. It's expensive and takes a long time to farm up to max. Shen is not a farming machine. If you're spending most of your time trying to max out Warmogs, you're doing it wrong. Sure you get nice regen, but regen without damage mitigation is absolutely useless. Burst damage rules this game and all the regen in the world isn't going to help you there. If you're absolutely dominating early, I guess you can get Warmogs and start building stacks, but I don't think it's worth it past the 15 minute mark, when the laning phase is generally over and team fights start.

JackAubrey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

The problem with stacking warmog's is twofold: 1, Shen is bad at farming. Last-hitting he's pretty good at, but clearing waves of creeps takes a while. 2, Having 2 warmog's only gives one stack per minion kill, meaning by stacking 2 all you're doing is increasing the time to fully charge from 125 to 250. I don't know about you, but I don't get much more than 100 minion kills per game.

I'm also finding Frozen Mallet and Leviathan to be kindof iffy for me. I always seem to get mallet, but I really don't find myself feeling any tanky-er with it. And Levi makes me less likely to ult to a fleeing ally on the offchance I can save them.

I still haven't tried Atma's, might give that a go with Aegis next game. But since warmog's, levi, and mallet really don't seem to be doing it for me, what can I get to buff my HP?

Firu

04-21-2010

Levi or Warmog really is a preference/level-of-skill based choice. But Mallet should not be an option at all if you're going tank Shen. If anything Rylai's is a better tank item (not that I'm advocating Rylai's over more Sunfire!) Rylai's has 200 less HP but it's AP bonus boosts your ult's shield, your own shield, and your Vorpal. All things that are better than a on-hit slow from Mallet. Oh yeah, and your Vorpal still slows.

Joppanator

04-21-2010

Quote:
Uh, look several posts up. You clearly said that if people wanted more health, they should get a second Warmogs. And if you don't do that yourself, why give other people advice that you don't follow?

Warmogs is one of the least cost efficient items in terms of HP. It's expensive and takes a long time to farm up to max. Shen is not a farming machine. If you're spending most of your time trying to max out Warmogs, you're doing it wrong. Sure you get nice regen, but regen without damage mitigation is absolutely useless. Burst damage rules this game and all the regen in the world isn't going to help you there. If you're absolutely dominating early, I guess you can get Warmogs and start building stacks, but I don't think it's worth it past the 15 minute mark, when the laning phase is generally over and team fights start.
first i never said get 2 warmog's, i asked a question. if you're implying that a question means you do it yourself or that it's true you're totally mistaken. if i asked "Do cats have wings?" it doesn't imply that cats have wings, or does it? maybe to you i guess? to me it's just a question and you can answer "yes" or "no".

if you read several posts up i did the math and the extra damage reduction on leviathan id less than the extra damage you can take with warmog's. the cost; however, IS better for leviathan and makes a valid point.

thanks for trying on the first part...i hope you understand what i meant by the example question.

and AGAIN you still didn't answer my question.

Gooze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-21-2010

Your guide is generally solid. However one problem i have is with your item build, why Warmogs? Yes, Shen can farm with Vorpal Blade which allows him to not get gimped by the insufficient gold problem which most other tabks suffer from. However, he isnt Mordekaiser, he has no aoe farming skills so why Warmogs? I feel shen would not have the time to make the full use of Warmog's extra hp and regeneration. Just my 2 cents.

Nihil Sine Nefas

04-21-2010

I assume you mean this question:

"besides from what i've heard from you why get warmog's at all?"

I don't. It offers less team utility than other HP items and the HP regen is overrated. Late game, when you have a farmed up Warmogs, most enemy DPS will be in the hundreds/sec, which 92.5 HP/5 will hardly help mitigate. Sure you can get Champ kills to farm it up quicker, but the kills should be going to the carry, not you. Basically, you're overpaying for an item that might give you amazing HP if you're doing well, but most likely will not in most scenarios.

xDiamantx

04-26-2010

I am still confused on whether rylai's or frozen mallet is the better choice.