The Xhai Meki Scroll: A Shen Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blithen

03-24-2010

I just played about 4 games straight using this build, and all I have to say is WOW, it's great. Works perfectly everything as long as you know how to use the hero. I'm not pro or anything, but it worked well for me. I went 4/8/and a whopping 23 assists. So he's a very good tank, with the ability to get some kills as well. Anyway, great build.

PimpDaddyPayne

03-24-2010

This build works very well, I've only played 2 games so far, trying to get Shen before someone else does, although unfortunately my teams have not been good enough for me to go all the way yet

GENERAL NUTBAKED

03-24-2010

i tend to get giants belt, defensive boots, build belt into warmogs, then get atma's, and then either get frozen mallet, banshee's veil, or thornmail, depending on the situation.

Brussel Sprout

03-24-2010

Nothing wrong with marks of alacrity. Attack speed helps you heal when your opponent is Q'd.

hypnic

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brussel Sprout View Post
Nothing wrong with marks of alacrity. Attack speed helps you heal when your opponent is Q'd.
I'm running with Marks of Alacrity at the moment, simply because I haven't bought other reds for him, and the attack speed helps at least with tower pushing. But saying it helps you heal when your opponent is Q'd is not true. The healing buff you receive after hitting them is a Heal over Time and lasts like 3 seconds. It only gets refreshed if you attack again in that 3 second window. This is as far as I understand.

KeVoN xD

03-24-2010

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...ye_of_twilight

Shen has 200 mana and 10 mana regen/5 godo to know

wait his vorpal blade its over 3 seconds? **** this makes shen a lot more useless

Dahras

03-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeVoN xD View Post
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champ...ye_of_twilight

Shen has 200 mana and 10 mana regen/5 godo to know

wait his vorpal blade its over 3 seconds? **** this makes shen a lot more useless
TBH the heal is pretty mediocre, but it has its uses at lvls 1-4 so that's why a couple of points in it early are good. I mean, when people have around 400-600 health total, 50 health for one auto attack can be handy.

Jonas Sterling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

All in all, Red's lacking good runes for him. Magic Pen makes your one hit every 1-8 seconds hit a little harder, but Health per Level just seems like the best fit for him.

Overall, the damage he deals consists of Slapping your taunt's main target with a Ki Strike and a Vorpal. Then wait for the two to Cooldown, which isn't very long, and do it again.

Please support this build as a staple guide for aspiring Shen players, and support it Here.
Comments are most appreciated, as I'd rather see quality responses than a little green number on the guide's overall impact.

Edit: LC link.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

Are these runes per 5 or static? And what exactly is your masterey page?

Jonas Sterling

03-24-2010

Base health, not regen.

My page is:

145 Health
18 Armor pen
9 Magic Resistance
5.3 Magic Resistance at 18

I can't affoard to replace my reds at the moment, so I swap inbetween that and my 9.5 Magic Pen page. I also need two more 2.7 MR at 18 runes to complete the blue set.

Kind of re-doing my entire board for this hero.