Are you in the correct elo for your skill level?

Yes 10 34.48%
No 19 65.52%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

>>>>>> TRIBUNAL will only work with MATCH MAKER change <<<<<<<<<<

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Based on standardising champion scores into a percentile.

This means that you get elo based on how useful you were to the team THAT game. (Not your skill level in general, although they should be proportional)

How about this. Riot records every score of every champion in games, loads it into a database.

At the end of each game, Deaths are compared to the database. Depending on what other people usually get as their death, you are assigned a percentile for your death stat (so you died less than 50% of people, or you died more than 75% of people who played that champion in the database).

Same is done with Total Kill Contribution (Kills and assists as a single stat, as they are both equally important).

The two are averaged, compared to other players on your team.

Of course, elo-wise Kills and Assists and Deaths will vary, so you could fix the database so that it actually compares you only to people of similar elo for that champion. However, you could argue that less deaths will even out less kills in higher elo games.

There will be map variance as well, so separate databases are required for the two maps.

Summoner level can be implemented into the game at the moment in pretty much the same way that it is already integrated into THIS elo system.

Highest score gets 14 elo,

Second highest score gets 14 elo

Third highest score gets 12 elo

Fourth highest gets 12 elo

Fifth gets 10 elo

If you lose, highest score loses 10 elo

Second score loses 10 elo

third score loses 12 elo

fourth score loses 12 elo

last score loses 14 elo

This would separate out the people carrying, from the people who are being carried, VERY quickly.

Of course, you can still get people who afk after doing well and leave the team to flounder, but thats where the Tribunal comes in, they get banned.

Some people will say that the difference between the highest score and lowest score is too great, but I believe that 5 elo difference means very little if you are at a 50/5o win/lose situation because you've reached your elo cap. If you haven't reached your elo cap, you will get there with this system in a not too short but not ridiculously long amount of time, and in the long run, so it is okay if you only get 10 elo or lose slightly more elo than others.

Another possibility is of abuse by playing e.g. AD Janna. However, remember its about Total Kill Contribution so you will probably get most assists from playing support which is worth the same as kills. Also, if you play AD Janna you are less likely to win, and will therefore not gain as much elo. Not to mention, if you CAN play AD Janna well, then go for it....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

neocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-31-2011

no.
Not dying, and or killing have nothing to do with skill in this game. You can suicide and get your team 5 kills, and not get a single one, or die 20 times; Backdooring, and win. AND be the reason you win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by neocow View Post
no.
Not dying, and or killing have nothing to do with skill in this game. You can suicide and get your team 5 kills, and not get a single one, or die 20 times; Backdooring, and win. AND be the reason you win.
Or you can not die and get your team 5 kills. Or, you can backdoor, and be the reason you won, in 1 in 10 games, and try and back door and feed in 9/10 games. Turret kills are important, but NOT nearly as good an indicator of contribution as standardised death and kill contributions. If you're a good backdoorer you should not be negative anyways.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arosen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdr4kex View Post
Based on normalising champion scores into a percentile.


How about this. Riot records every score of every champion in games, loads it into a database.


At the end of each game, Deaths are compared to the database. Depending on what other people usually get as their death, you are assigned a percentile for your death stat (so you died less than 50% of people, or you died more than 75% of people who played that champion in the database).


Same is done with Total Kill Contribution (Kills and assists as a single stat, as they are both equally important).


The two are averaged, compared to other players on your team.


Highest score gets 14 elo,
Second highest score gets 14 elo
Third highest score gets 12 elo
Fourth highest gets 12 elo
Fifth gets 10 elo


If you lose, highest score loses 10 elo
Second score loses 10 elo
third score loses 12 elo
fourth score loses 12 elo
last score loses 14 elo


This would separate out the people carrying, from the people who are being carried, VERY quickly.


Of course, you can still get people who afk after doing well and leave the team to flounder, but thats where the Tribunal comes in, they get banned.


Some people will say that the difference between the highest score and lowest score is too great, but I believe that 5 elo difference means very little if you are at a 50/5o win/lose situation because you've reached your elo cap. If you haven't reached your elo cap, you will get there with this system in a not too short but not ridiculously long amount of time, and in the long run, so it is okay if you only get 10 elo or lose slightly more elo than others.

This seems like a terrible idea, first this game is not K/D/A = win the game, it's about team work and how well you work with your team, what you contribute to it. This seems like it would also screw over support champs which do A LOT for a team. Not to mention it is WAY to easy to ks, this would only result in 1, more kill hogging and 2, more raging over ksing as well as another way to troll someone by trying to take all the kills so they get the lowest elo boost. (assuming you are going to win)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajikozau

Junior Member

05-31-2011

Or you can ks and not participate in teamfights and have a good kda, also this has nothing to do with tribunal, downvote please


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bulga

Junior Member

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajikozau View Post
Or you can ks and not participate in teamfights and have a good kda, also this has nothing to do with tribunal, downvote please
you are wrong, at least 90% of the games you win, you have killed more than you died, so is statistic, killing your enemy leads you to victory , and sometimes you are in a 1v1 combat and someone join, preventing you from dying, giving you an assist, gaining more cash, and killing an enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FenrisBlade

Senior Member

05-31-2011

everyone that tanks would be in the lowest elo for no reason. I go 0-10+ all the time with malph and play the key part in every team fight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CyraLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-31-2011

You are the kind of LoL player I severely dislike.

Do you realize that a lot of people will actively avoid getting CS and Kills in order to feed their carry? A lot of tanks and supports will deliberately take a death to avoid their carry getting killed in a team fight? That KDA ratio is one of the less important factors you could measure?

Hell, amount of wards dropped would be a more relevant statistic than KDA ratio. Seriously, get a life and try playing something other than gank assassin. If you played support/tank you'd know better than this ******ed idea. Even if you played carry you should know better this drivel.

Seriously, screw off and learn to play.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG DraKe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyraLoL View Post
You are the kind of LoL player I severely dislike.

Do you realize that a lot of people will actively avoid getting CS and Kills in order to feed their carry? A lot of tanks and supports will deliberately take a death to avoid their carry getting killed in a team fight? That KDA ratio is one of the less important factors you could measure?

Hell, amount of wards dropped would be a more relevant statistic than KDA ratio. Seriously, get a life and try playing something other than gank assassin. If you played support/tank you'd know better than this ******ed idea. Even if you played carry you should know better this drivel.

Seriously, screw off and learn to play.
None of you even read the post. Even if you don't last hit, ASSISTS ARE WORTH THE SAME AS KILLS. Amount of wards dropped doesn't matter squat if you die 8 times in one game. This system standardises the score by comparing to THE CHAMPION YOU ARE PLAYING IN PREVIOUS GAMES. Doesn't matter what type of hero you are playing because you are only compared to the SAME champion initially.

If you don't know what you are talking about don't flame this thread. Because you just made yourself look like a ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aametherar

Senior Member

05-31-2011

No, I had one game vs bots where the worst player on the team got the best stats in very possible way simply because he refused to leave the jungle, which he said he would do before the game started because "you shouldn't need me" only killed near dead bots entering jungles and stole every buff in the game while ignoring the dragon, such a useless hag would be 2400 ELO in your mind.


12