Brand's Counter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Awaken Easley

05-30-2011

Looking for some advice on how to counter Brand.
Counters that are moderately intelligent and do not require him to be a beginner bot to perform on.
I'm at the point that Brand is nothing but a broken champion in my opinion.
People can say he's squishy as ****, all they want but it's a weak argument for no credible one to put in its place. There are plenty of other squishy champions that don't have like 1500 range on every freaking spell they have.
So what's a good counter?

Prometheius

05-30-2011

Mres. Learning to dodge skill shots.

Awaken Easley

05-30-2011

Hard to dodge a skillshot that's a giant AoE that proc's in half a second and has enormous range on it.
Or a nuke that bounces from target to target.

MrPatrickBateman

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
Counters that are moderately intelligent and do not require him to be a beginner bot to perform on.
People can say he's squishy as ****, all they want but it's a weak argument for no credible one to put in its place. There are plenty of other squishy champions that don't have like 1500 range on every freaking spell they have.
What makes him different from laning against other people with a lot of range?

Caitlyn? Urgot if he lanes E?

Nothing.

You have to anticipate what you and out-poke him if you can.

You see him coming, move, while laning you should be constantly moving against an opponent like that.

If you're clearly running at him and you're ablazed then you can EXPECT him to fire the Q.

His AOE is the only thing that makes him a force to be reckoned with in a lane.

Get to him, smash him, he'll blow flash or die.

-Mr
-CC
-Biggest thing is avoiding the aoe circle, HE NEEDS THAT in order to be a threat to you.

Edit:

His ult's damage isn't that high while laning...The aoe is the ONLY rough deal

I am sorry I am not THAT MUCH more helpful, Brand has never been an issue for me..

Impawsible

05-30-2011

Pillar of flame is easily dodgable.
Get magic resist.

BrotherCaine

05-30-2011

Lee Sin can use safeguard to mess with Brand's skillshots nicely, his sonic wave teleport is nice for it too. If you want to be a real *** place a ward just outside his turret range and you can safeguard to it to do a double tap exploit anytime he wanders near it. Just place it when you think he's not looking.

aBeeBa

05-31-2011

My only advice is to play agressively. When I play Brand the only time i get denyed is when the opposite champ is constantly pushing. When Brand lays down his combo imediatly counter b/c as a typical nuke, Brand relies on cd for his spells. Once he throws all his spells at you he is probrobly going to back off. If you playin on his toes and force him to constantly use pillar of flame he will eventualy run out of mana making him useless.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2011

Magic resistance, dodge skill shots, attack him early game, start off with anti-magic mantle, MR runes, HP runes + MR runes, [Insert champion with silence], let him push and let jungler gank him.

Averuss

05-31-2011

I agree on the range for pillar of flame, needs to be nerfed and isnt easy to dodge at all when you play against a decent brand. He doesnt even have to be anywhere in your view and still can land you dead center into his AoE which can also deal quite a bit of damage unlike other big range characters like cait, who can only use auto attack or that other thing which is very easy to dodge. Everything else I think is fine with him.

Xyltin

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
His spells have a normal range (for an AOE, Skillshot or single target spell).
He is squishy, but he also has no spell like Annie to get some or like Veigar to stun some people. His stun needs his passive up and is a skillshot that hits only one person. SO not only squishy, but also not survivability or escape spell.
Then his spells have a medium CD. So compared to annie he doesnt deal that much more dmg even when he has 4 offensive spells and she only has 3.

How to counter?
1. Avoid His Q and W. His E alone doesnt deal much dmg.
2. get MR.
3. get MS
4. get a spellblock or a QQS. Without his full combo, his dmg drops a lot.
5. Dont let his ulti hit you more than once (3 times is way too often and should never happen)
6. lane control, zone control
7. poke when his spells are on CD.