NO rageblade on Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blink18260

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2010

I've thought about this before.

yes the ap and dmg are nice for empower, and there is some synergy with his ult, but in the end its not a lot for a rushed item early. I you just decide early you can pick a way better item.

for instance, if you want that burst to rock teamfights into the ****ing ground, grab pure ap. think like, replacing it with a zhonyas. ****ing murk some kids with a giantass empower.

or, if you want to solo baron and/or bd towers, look at a starks (which should already be part of your build actually, the lifesteal and atk speed let him stay alive when the **** hits the fan) or a phantom dancer (that dodge can save your life against a melee carry, and the move speed is worth every penny. not to mention the atk spd and crit chance.) PD practically turns you into a murking MACHINE.

personally, i usually put these into the end of my build after a rageblade, but consider rushing one to wreck the early game, then late game, when rageblade really wont make you that much better, grab something to stay alive with. the 80 magic resist, or 100 armor (thornmail. dmg return for the ****ing win against anyone who like melee or crits. **** YOU GP) can save your life in a teamfight. so can a banshees veil if they like to cc you. or, if they insist on dropping like 8 cc's on you at once (which i have encountered) grab a QS sash. that way, 1 second in, they've dropped all the cc they have on you, and are looking to eat you, when all of a sudden you cleanse with QS and proceed to solo pentakill like a boss.

so yeah, rage is an item for balanced play, but if you want to specialize, you can be a better X (X being a burst carry or BD champ or even ganker.) with something else.

2 things
1. inb4pplcallmeaheretic
2. I posted this elsewhere, but decided to make it its own thread, since i really want to know what other ppl think.

Edit: fix't
O, and that thing about amumu, doesnt matter then whether you have rageblade or starks or PD, cause no matter what he can just stand right out of range with bandage stun, rage, and whatever his w is, so its really a mute point then.

And i know a good team will chain cc, but really, how many teams do you go up against that coordinate cc? most of em cant talk, and chat is too slow.

Texas Snyper

11-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink18260 View Post
...but in the end its a fairly expensive item.

replacing it with a zhonyas.

or a phantom dancer...
wait, what?

RoflTroll

11-02-2010

Rageblade is still the best stats per gold item for Jax.

It's also only 2200 or so g, compare to 3400 on PD or 2750 on Stark.

Go ahead and get PD if you want to, that Amumu will still stun/root and his team will still nuke you to death all the same.
(and if a team drops all CCs on you at once, they're bad, a good team will chain them, so QSS will gives you only a short moment of not being CC'd)

Killerspaten

11-02-2010

expensive??? lawl

KrupsMcGee

11-02-2010

Malady and black cleaver ftw. Gunblade. Atma's. Stark's. Abyssal Scepter. These are all items I find awesome on Jax. He does lots of damage when the enemy has no defenses whatsoever, as do his allies.

Bahamu

11-02-2010

No.

Cumulous

11-02-2010

Rageblade is a ridiculously cheap item.
For 2300~ gold you get like 5-6k worth of stats, all of which are useful for Jax.

Radamanthys3

11-02-2010

90ish AP, 35 attack, 32% attack speed, near 300HP

for 2200gold.

GloryBox

11-02-2010

rageblade FEELS like a bad item, but like the above post meantioned, its AMAZING on jax cause of his passive, period.

atsmith893

11-03-2010

no rageblade on jax... what about just no jax? Do people still play him anymore?