Advice on Warwick Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DonMontana

05-30-2011

Hey guys, I've been playing with WW, using the tanky type build. From my understanding you build survivability items, using Madred's as your only offense piece and saving it for three or four pieces in. I typically build Wriggle's Lantern, Merc's, Spirit Visage in that order. From there I usually go for a Sunfire and then either a Randuin's (melee team) or a Banshee's (caster team). I like to jungle to 6 with 2 points in E and then try to gank. Any tips or advice on this play style?

Nicavenger

05-30-2011

when i play with WW , i usually go for the lifesteal/ speed build ... its the better and cheaper (for me) ...
in your play style well, i guess if you want to jungle thats you, but i like to slain

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

I'd say your item build with ww is fine. With his ult, he's already a real threat to take out any enemy champ quick and a big part of getting focused by the enemy team. That's why the tanky build works great for him. If you want to go for another offensive item, i'd do a malady, he doesn't really need wriggles to jungle, the razor's do fine for him once you get that, as you are slowly building up to the bloodrazors. I'd say don't wait till lvl 6 to gank unless your team is good/comfortable with that. Many have trouble playing with a jungler and think you have just disappeared from the game for the whole beginning part. While WW kinda sucks at ganking before lvl 6, he can still zone or spell relief for his teammates so they can go back to base without worries and buy items with all the gold they farmed in solo laning.

CaRIRaMIRoD

05-30-2011

imma try that

paShadoWn

05-30-2011

Drop out the visage to the hecks. Useless item, waste of slots. And go Wits End after Lantern. Complete 1st tier def set and hefty dmg at once. Instead of banshees get FoN; lategame you would not be able to kill serious people with one jump, and movespeed+good regen is what the Warwick needs. Sunfire only if they have melee cc'ers; vs ranged it is useless as rule, and for creeping extra autoattack item like Yoyo would do the same with some added effects on it.
As a general rule, try to stack as much effects on ww as it is reasonable: activates, freeze, armor reduction, mini-nukes, buff auras and such. When he jumps into battle, sudden burst of effects and boost from auras can turn the chase into wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCrystal View Post
While WW kinda sucks at ganking before lvl 6
Not exactly true. With Qlvl2 and Lizzard he can pwn the lane - if there are some stunningly competent allies or enemies made a mistake. Everyone "kinda sucks" at ganking FlashGhost Vlad with extra warp eye and hack in gankers minds. Or duo lane of Alistar and Xin who at the moment got fb and harassed that Kaitlyn and Soraka below half hp.

blazuh

05-30-2011

Drop that Wriggles for a madreds

paShadoWn

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazuh View Post
Drop that Wriggles for a madreds
It is only a good move if you pwn them so fast that after next b you can upgrade your MR into MBR straight away. If they kick your hairy snout every time they see it, hiding and creeping quietly goes 'much' better with Lantern and Wits End. Defaulting into MBR from start is "naked failwick". Especially with no defensive runes.