Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xin Zhao at High Elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dogmatist

05-30-2011

While I was watching the Dreamhack Qualifier, I noticed a lack of Xin Zhao...

like, anywhere. Not surprised that he wasn't banned, but nobody picked him and he's rarely picked at like 1700+ Elo (as far as I can tell). Why doesn't anyone use him in serious play at a high rating? I saw some Irelia in EU and NA play and plenty of Jarvan IV (but a lack of Renekton, strangely).

Is he just not any good against the best players? Is he easily counterable/killable?

Faro

Recruiter

05-30-2011

coL played Xin and won, but I agree, I expected him to be much more popular.

VMan7

Recruiter

05-30-2011

He's good, but gets blown up until he has some decent farm/items.

Very effective ganker/roam from level 2-3.

Proxinity

05-30-2011

Think the thing is that he's too easily shut down. A decent slow/stun is enough to make his combo worthless on you since he can't catch up.

Claire Bennet

05-30-2011

Xin preys on the enemy's mistakes, he doesn't really "dominate" unless he gets fed a few kills early and has a gold/exp advantage. With most top teams trying their hardest to not take risks and cut down on mistakes as much as possible, Xin would be very hit or miss (much like Shaco) and end up either carrying or being a liability. Stomps hard in solo queue, but not as reliable in competitive play from what I've seen.

RaulGarcia1

05-30-2011

Quote:
Dogmatist:
While I was watching the Dreamhack Qualifier, I noticed a lack of Xin Zhao...

like, anywhere. Not surprised that he wasn't banned, but nobody picked him and he's rarely picked at like 1700+ Elo (as far as I can tell). Why doesn't anyone use him in serious play at a high rating? I saw some Irelia in EU and NA play and plenty of Jarvan IV (but a lack of Renekton, strangely).

Is he just not any good against the best players? Is he easily counterable/killable?

Xin Zhao is way too item dependent to be Top Tier. And althoguh his a really strong rushdown initiator he just lacks proper utility like so many other Tier 1 champs have. For example although Xin zhao may be a really strong initiator Jarvan can do that to with an extra health shield with an addition to a multi knockup and an AoE slow.

Mwamondwe

05-30-2011

He's not bad, I see him quite a bit around 1600-1700 ELO as jungler.

BACKSTABUUU

Recruiter

05-30-2011

Probably because he's not as good as Jarvan or Irelia.

DanlulZ

05-30-2011

I think hes a better jungler than ww i always jungle Xin when possible he just has so much more utility to offer i find

Snidlol

05-30-2011

hes not that great there are better junglers and better all around tank dps such as jarvan