Bloodthirster VS. IE

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriste

05-30-2011

I play a lot of Caitlyn, and I'm good enough to the point where I can fairly consistently get a 20 to 22 minute IE without kills (finished boots and wards included). However, I've been seeing a lot of Caitlyns building Bloodthirster first as opposed to the extremely powerful IE. I'm just curious as to the advantages of getting Bloodthirster over a superior damage item in general, as Bloodthirster only gives 15 extra damage over IE when fully stacked.

I can see it as a strong laning item, and it's also a bit cheaper, but I'd like to hear it from others. Thanks!

mana montana

05-30-2011

get 5 blood thirsters and cdr boots and rofl stomp ppl with your q

iCaughtEmAll

05-30-2011

It's more efficient to get the bloodthirster first, because its cheaper and you can build to the 100 a easy. making your q and r hurt more that your crit auto attacks

Peniisale

05-30-2011

i am not a fan of bf sword rushes and perfer to get attack speed or crit first. executioners is still the best to get early imo for the general use before the i.e., if you arnt going straight crits then a full B.T. is good for a simple sustained damage combined with a mallet or trinity for the lovely slow to line up your net.
trinity= more damage after q with B.T. stack
mallet= more kite and double slow that can allow for a skillful use of the snaptrap.

Fides

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peniisale View Post
i am not a fan of bf sword rushes and perfer to get attack speed or crit first. executioners is still the best to get early imo for the general use before the i.e., if you arnt going straight crits then a full B.T. is good for a simple sustained damage combined with a mallet or trinity for the lovely slow to line up your net.
trinity= more damage after q with B.T. stack
mallet= more kite and double slow that can allow for a skillful use of the snaptrap.
The problem with getting attack speed and/or crit first is that it doesn't help her skills. Caitlyn's power lies heavily in the beginning stages, and if you're critting with her base stats, it's not nearly as good as popping a quick shot with a BF sword. Piltover Peacemaker benefits heavily from attack damage, and getting a quick BF sword makes it so any hit with it heavily punishes squishy targets, as well as injuring a creep wave quite a bit if you shoot it into a group. Caitlyn's power is in her range, and while her auto-attack can do good, ignoring the fact that Q and R benefit from AD will hurt you far more in the long run.

Every time I've started with attack speed or crit, I've been giving up the advantage she has early game. Every time I start with a BF sword (even not upgrading it until later) I manage to contribute far more damage with her poking ability than I do without it.

I'm still not sure about going IE VS BT, but there's just not enough upsides to getting say, Zeal before pure damage.

biomorph

05-30-2011

Generally IE is for the Crit type AA carry champions, Ashe, Tristana, Tryndamere etc.
Bloodthirster(s) - even stacking - are typical for champions who do not want to rely on AA and crits but have ablities that scale off AD, Sivir, Caitlyn, Katarina (at least before remake) etc.

Notice however than you could always strap on a IE etc on Sivir and Caitlyn and rape away just the same.
You could pack bloodthirsters on Ashe for volley but the problem is that it is too easily dodged and thus too unreliable.

It is a matter of play style or strategy for that matter.