Does Lee Sin need runes to jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JOHNNY SUPERNOVA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

I was thinking about getting a jungler champion, but I don't have any runes for jungling, and I'll only have the IP to buy one champion.

Can Lee Sin jungle without runes, or does he need them to be good? And if he does, which runes should I get?

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

With a single point in W and carrying a Vamp Sceptre, I can't see any reason why he'd need specific runes to jungle (though I do use my Garen page, which does have ArPen and Armor). The shield, the lifesteal from the Vamp Sceptre, the lifesteal/spellvamp from the 2nd activation of W, and his passive should keep you at a good HP throughout your jungle run. You don't need to Blue at level 1 either, which is the main reason to get specific runes barring special cases like Akali, so instead you run the more sustainable route of starting at wolves>wraith(smite)>twin golem. You'll be level 3 at the end of this, you can B back for boots1, and be back at the wolf camp before they respawn. Often times you'll have about 4 seconds before they spawn, so you can go ahead and do Blue while you wait.

If you want to get runes to make it easier, all you really need is ArPen Reds and Flat Armor Yellows. Purples/Blues are up to your preference. Since I use my Garen page, my Quints are Move Speed and my Glyphs are MR/Lvl, which are nice for Lee Sin as it is.

Lancefighter

05-30-2011

he jungles faster with runes, but you really dont need them.

armor yellows, and running a sustained route over fast route makes it very safe