Spell Vamp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gumb E

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Johninator View Post
Derp. Read the last post incorrectly. Disregard!

Edit: I would like to note, that Lifesteal and Spell Vamp are not effected by the plus healing effects of Spirit Visage nor are they reduced by Ignite or other healing reduction abilities.
It's very hard to guess whether Spirit Visage is a good item for a given champ. I was purchasing it way more than I should have back before I learned it doesn't work with spell steal. Just to doublecheck (for my sanity) SV works with FoN, right?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2011

Sivir's Ricochet is an on hit effect, which is why spell vamp doesn't work with it. If you want them to work together, you would have to be okay with one of them (Sivir's W or the spell vamp stat) being nerfed into the ground. She can already heal a lot just by having lifesteal on her auto attack, adding spell vamp into the mix would just be rediculous.

Serenity Now

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Spell Vamp is a bit more complicated than Life Steal.

Basically if your damaging ability doesn't proc Life Steal (abilities like Mystic Shot, Double Up, and Parrrley do) then it will almost always use Spell Vamp, even if the damage dealt from the ability is physical or true damage. This means that abilities such as Reckless Swing or Feast (true damage) or Spear Shot (physical damage) utilize Spell Vamp.

Too much burden of knowledge.

Why can't you just normalize it so physical damage procs lifesteal and magical damage procs spell vamp, regardless of whether the damage came from an auto-attack or ability?

ChaosBloodterfly

05-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Fairly certain that they're still AoE spells, even if they have an extra effects when it only hits a single target.
I'm pretty sure Karth vamps for 100% if his Q hits a single target. At least this was when I still built spellvamp on karth. Haven't really needed it since I started taking the hp regen per mana masteries.

OMG Laserguns

05-31-2011

Does Poppy's Q proc spell vamp or life steal? Or does the base attack proc life steal and the bonus damage proc spell vamp?

Nutarama

06-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
Why can't you just normalize it so physical damage procs lifesteal and magical damage procs spell vamp, regardless of whether the damage came from an auto-attack or ability?
I like this. It makes everything much simpler to deal with. You immediately know what procs what. Plus, it makes everything come into focus more. Why would Heartseeker Strike, which is entirely physical, proc Spell Vamp and not Life Steal?

Could someone clarify if Spell Vamp works on Summoner Spells? For example, If I had 25% Spell Vamp at level 18 and used Smite on a minion/monster for full damage, would I really insta-heal for 200+ health?

Furthermore, how do Item actives and passives work with Spell Vamp? I've read that Hextech Gunblade's Active applies Spell Vamp. Does Deathfire Grasp apply Spell Vamp too? (that seems a tad OP) How about procs like Wriggle's or passives like Bloodrazor and Sunfire Cape?

Xanthalis

06-01-2011

Quote:
I like this. It makes everything much simpler to deal with. You immediately know what procs what. Plus, it makes everything come into focus more. Why would Heartseeker Strike, which is entirely physical, proc Spell Vamp and not Life Steal?
Seems like that would make Life Steal instantly OP. Imagine a champ with abilities that do physcial damage, like Xin Zhao's Q and R, granting him life steal, on top of his passive, and on top of the auto attacks he's already getting life steal from?

Quote:
Could someone clarify if Spell Vamp works on Summoner Spells?
99% sure they do.

Quote:
Furthermore, how do Item actives and passives work with Spell Vamp? I've read that Hextech Gunblade's Active applies Spell Vamp. Does Deathfire Grasp apply Spell Vamp too? (that seems a tad OP) How about procs like Wriggle's or passives like Bloodrazor and Sunfire Cape?
Item actives do. I'd assume DFG does, I haven't read or tried it. Procs do not.

OoOoOoOoOzE

06-02-2011

What about Jax his ultimate, does every third attack work with spellvamp?

Gilead Maerlyn

06-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
On-Hit-Effects (Teemo's Toxic Shot) and Attack Enhancers (Blitz knockup) don't apply spell vamp, as they're not standalone abilities, they're a part of your next attack.
Ok, so they don't proc spell vamp because they're part of the attack, but they don't proc life steal because they aren't physical damage? Is that it? There is no way to gain health from them?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-08-2011

Nope.

As someone mentioned, I believe TF's PAC procs spell vamp. I believe this is because how it is coded, it essentially interprets your next attack as an ability instead, and I'll need to check but it may not actually proc on hit effects.