Spell Vamp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2011

Wonton is correct, DoT spells that are single target still receive the full benefit of spell vamp, though they receive the lower ms reduction from Rylai's.

I'm not 100% sure on how Malefic Visions is treated, as you cast it on a single target, but it can jump to additional targets; I believe it's treated as a single target, or at least should be, but I can't say for certain.

Turbo164

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Visions is 100% I'm pretty sure.

Vorpal Spikes also procs vamp, unlike Toxic Shot as mentioned.

Mord's Ghost does, but a lot of pets dont (again, poor Teemo has 3 sources of magic damage, but only one procs vamp; ASHE has more vamp than him lol)

Abedeus

05-30-2011

I thought DoTs like Malefic count as 1/3.

fomenta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Spell Vamp is a bit more complicated than Life Steal.

Basically if your damaging ability doesn't proc Life Steal (abilities like Mystic Shot, Double Up, and Parrrley do) then it will almost always use Spell Vamp, even if the damage dealt from the ability is physical or true damage. This means that abilities such as Reckless Swing or Feast (true damage) or Spear Shot (physical damage) utilize Spell Vamp.

Something to note about Spell Vamp, however, is that there are two different values of Spell Vamp. Single-target spells, such as Malefic Vision, Reckless Swing, and Spear Shot, have 100% effectiveness when it comes to Spell Vamp. In other words, if you deal 200 damage with these single-target abilities and have 50% Spell Vamp, you will be healed for 100.

However, multi-target abilities such as Tormented Soil, Incinerate, and Heartseeker Strike, have 1/3 effectiveness for Spell Vamp. If these abilities deal 200 total damage with 50% Spell Vamp, they will only heal you for 33, but if you deal 200 damage to 5 enemies (totaling 1000 damage) you will heal for 166 health.
(My emphasis)

Can you talk about how Spell Vamp is mitigated by armor / magic resistance? For example, if your spell "does" 200 damage, but the enemy only takes 100 damage due to 50% mitigation through armor / mr, spell vamp is based off of the mitigated damage, correct?

Is this calculated-after-mitigation mechanic the same as Life Steal?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2011

It's the same as life steal, after calculations.

Nizbel

05-30-2011

What about Gragas' Body Slam? Does it proc the full spell vamp if you hit one target? Cause the damage splits so its kinda both an AoE and a single target. Same with Xin's charge, does it change with the number of targets or will it always be split spellvamp?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2011

Fairly certain that they're still AoE spells, even if they have an extra effects when it only hits a single target.

Goth Skunk

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
On-Hit-Effects (Teemo's Toxic Shot) and Attack Enhancers (Blitz knockup) don't apply spell vamp, as they're not standalone abilities, they're a part of your next attack.
Okay. But half my question still went unanswered:

Why does Power Fist proc neither spell vamp or life steal? Nasus' Siphoning Strike procs lifesteal. I'm pretty sure Jax's Attack Enhancer procs lifesteal... why doesn't Blitz's Power Fist?

The Johninator

05-30-2011

Derp. Read the last post incorrectly. Disregard!

Edit: I would like to note, that Lifesteal and Spell Vamp are not effected by the plus healing effects of Spirit Visage nor are they reduced by Ignite or other healing reduction abilities.

Oberic

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Thanks for bringing this up! I just tested it to double-check and you are indeed right, Power Fist doesn't make use of Life Leech or Spell Vamp. I'll be sure to raise awareness on this with the design team.
I'm pretty sure Blitzcrank's power fist doesn't proc anything at all. Haven't tested Rylai yet though.

Roughly on-topic, Sivir's Ricochet used to spellvamp, can we get that back please?