Spell Vamp

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BludFan

05-29-2011

What is it? i've been playing LoL for a little bit now but i cannot find mention of spell vamp anywhere. (I HAVE looked through the terminology guide)

Its on a few items (hextech revolver) and I want to know if its a stat that is beneficial for my new favorite Champ Poppy.

Any help is appreciated

BludFan

PvtJuice

05-30-2011

Spell Vamp is like Lifesteal except for magical abilities.

Say a Tryndamere has 60% lifesteal and hits an enemy for 100 damage; Tryndamere will heal himself for 60 health from that.

If a Veigar uses a spell and hits 200 and has 50% Spell Vamp, Veigar will heal himself for 100 health.

I wouldn't use it on Poppy though. However, it works great on Vladimir, Cassiopeia, Akali, Katarina, Mordekaiser, Swain, and to a lesser extent, Fiddlesticks and Kennen.

I think Spell Vamp might work with Poppy's charge, but I wouldn't try it because it's her only ability that could benefit from it.

Hope this helps!

PvtJuice

05-30-2011

^

Listen to Kismet. I didn't know about the multi-target spell vamp attribute or that true damage and some physical damage work with it. Learning new stuff everyday!

BludFan

05-30-2011

awesome thx guys

col30333

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
Spell Vamp is a bit more complicated than Life Steal.

Basically if your damaging ability doesn't proc Life Steal (abilities like Mystic Shot, Double Up, and Parrrley do) then it will almost always use Spell Vamp, even if the damage dealt from the ability is physical or true damage. This means that abilities such as Reckless Swing or Feast (true damage) or Spear Shot (physical damage) utilize Spell Vamp.

Something to note about Spell Vamp, however, is that there are two different values of Spell Vamp. Single-target spells, such as Malefic Vision, Reckless Swing, and Spear Shot, have 100% effectiveness when it comes to Spell Vamp. In other words, if you deal 200 damage with these single-target abilities and have 50% Spell Vamp, you will be healed for 100.

However, multi-target abilities such as Tormented Soil, Incinerate, and Heartseeker Strike, have 1/3 effectiveness for Spell Vamp. If these abilities deal 200 total damage with 50% Spell Vamp, they will only heal you for 33, but if you deal 200 damage to 5 enemies (totaling 1000 damage) you will heal for 166 health.

what's about cass's Q AND W?
they works like single target spell but don't have a 33% healing reduce..@@
will you fix that?

Goth Skunk

05-30-2011

Quote:

Basically if your damaging ability doesn't proc Life Steal (abilities like Mystic Shot, Double Up, and Parrrley do) then it will almost always use Spell Vamp, even if the damage dealt from the ability is physical or true damage. This means that abilities such as Reckless Swing or Feast (true damage) or Spear Shot (physical damage) utilize Spell Vamp.

Something to note about Spell Vamp, however, is that there are two different values of Spell Vamp. Single-target spells, such as Malefic Vision, Reckless Swing, and Spear Shot, have 100% effectiveness when it comes to Spell Vamp. In other words, if you deal 200 damage with these single-target abilities and have 50% Spell Vamp, you will be healed for 100.

However, multi-target abilities such as Tormented Soil, Incinerate, and Heartseeker Strike, have 1/3 effectiveness for Spell Vamp. If these abilities deal 200 total damage with 50% Spell Vamp, they will only heal you for 33, but if you deal 200 damage to 5 enemies (totaling 1000 damage) you will heal for 166 health.
So why is it that Blitzcrank's Power Fist procs neither life steal nor spell vamp?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

05-30-2011

On-Hit-Effects (Teemo's Toxic Shot) and Attack Enhancers (Blitz knockup) don't apply spell vamp, as they're not standalone abilities, they're a part of your next attack.

Opreich

05-30-2011

Quote:

Isn't Malefic Visions a DoT spell? Don't DoT's also receive the 1/3 penalty?

Intangible

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opreich View Post
This.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opreich View Post
I'm not 100% sure on this, but you might be confusing Spell Vamp with Rylai's slow now. Rylai's slow uses the lower value (15%) on DoTs, AoEs, Vlad's Transfusion and Cassiopeia's Twin Fang.

12345 ... 6