Are my Champions Viable in Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alfuris

05-29-2011

I'll be honest, i dont do ranked. I'm a decent player and i dont care much if i win or lose from badteammates in a solo que. But i really dont care to be around trollers. So now that's said, i just decided im going to have to face the infamous ELO hell and work my way up through the trolls. So below is a list of my Champions i love to play. Clearly im not going to neglect helping my team and be an insta-locker! (at least, i hope that's clear) They are in order of my priorities in terms of skill / main use. its also ordered in terms of which type of champion i mainly use also (such as AP first)

AP:

LeBlanc
Lux
Evelynn
Vladimir
Mordekaiser (NOT A TANK!)
Fiddlesticks (Jungle if possible)
Cassiopeia
Malzahar

Support:

Janna
Soraka
AD:
Nasus
Renekton
Gangplank
Shaco
Twitch
Olaf

Tanks:
Maokai
Alistar

And i won't even mention Shen. From what i hear he's globaly despised. Aside from some of these ovbiously being viable, how often will i get to use my usual mains? I'm mainly conerned with my AD Champions also. I really havent heard much about them being in Ranked games. And thanks for any feedback! (please dont flame)

Liebesträume3

05-30-2011

If you're under say 1900, you probably shouldn't worry about it

Pyroxite

05-30-2011

Almost any champ can work if you play him/her enough to really know the ins and outs. That being said, out of your list here are some quick thoughts for ranked play. I'll asterisk the ones I think are worth your time.

AP:
LeBlanc: Very bursty champ. Not optimal for team fighting and little AOE.
*Lux: Great range and the shield offers at least a little support capability. Very squishy though
*Evelynn: Usually banned, awesome champ. Great for scouting and making the enemy team play defensively.
*Vladimir: Great champ, good aoe, good escape mechanisms, good damage. Popular choice but not usually banned.
Mordekaiser (NOT A TANK!): If you're not building tank, don't play Mord. The difference in damage between ap and tank builds is negligible and you'll get eaten for breakfast without tanking items.
Fiddlesticks (Jungle if possible): Squishy, damage is okay but not amazing. This guy is number one focus target because of his zero escape skills and low hp.
Cassiopeia: Been a bit more popular lately, but still rare in ranked games. Very squishy, Ult will screw you over half the time, decent damage and kiting.
*Malzahar: Popular champ. His ult is helpful for shutting down fed enemy champs in team fights. One of the best farmers, so you should always have high CS and be getting good items.

Support:
*Janna: Popular choice. Can be really annoying when played well, more often they're just a placeholder.
*Soraka: Another popular support. Can deliver enormous heals later on, Soraka can be a serious pain to lane against. The difference between a good Soraka and a bad Soraka is avoiding being focused in team fights while still being relevant.
Karma: Not enough damage, not enough heals, Karma is for people who want to be known for playing up champs well. Don't play this chick unless you've got something to prove.

AD:
*Nasus: Can be a great offtank; good players will go out of their way to deny him early on.
*Renekton: Solid champ, scales well into the end game. Build as offtank.
Gangplank: Another champ played by people with something to prove. So-so damage, good survivability because of built-in cleanse, nearly worthless ult.
Shaco: Can dominate early and mid game, but most players (including myself) cannot play him successfully if the game runs long. Must jungle.
Twitch: Worthless. Another champ for people with something to prove. **** damage, easily focused.
*Olaf: Great jungling offtank. The effectively zero cooldown on undertow rocks if you can hit a skillshot. This guy has a slight learning curve but becomes a rock star at end game, and is decent before that.

Tanks:
*Maokai: Pretty good tank, got some worthwhile damage and the snare is a decent initiator.
*Alistar: Still a game changer, despite umpteen changes.

Alfuris

05-30-2011

Thanks for going through the listit helps, i've just never heard much about most of these being viable in rated games or commonly used. Just to clarify though more of an offtank Mordekaiser, not a maintank. items like Rylais, LichBane, and Abyssal Scepter to do half and half.

Mistah Napo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2011

your ad is pretty weak... no real carries. twitch/shaco are easy to shut down and you hardly ever see a gp do decent. your tanks are pretty limited, and there are definately better ones to pick. your support is solid, and your ap could use a few nukes annie, brand etc. all in all not to bad.

cztanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2011

@pyroxite

doesn't fiddles fear sorta count as an escape skill?

im asking because i play fiddles and have yet to go into ranked....

DuffTime

06-16-2011

Lux
Evelynn
Vladimir
Malzahar
Janna
Soraka
Renekton
Gangplank
Olaf
Maokai
Alistar
Shen

Out of your list, in my opinion those would be the more viable champs you listed.

Mıcro User

06-16-2011

lol, you play a ****load of champs.. that aint good

HeXeL

06-16-2011

Your AD list is kinda lacking strong end game characters with solid CC. I'd recommend learning Jax, Xin Zhao, Irelia and Nocturne to add to your list. I also feel like Fiddle's jungle is OK at best, though I played against some very good Fiddlesticks before. Check out Amumu, he's a great tank, jungler and initiator.

DuffTime

06-16-2011

It's good to play a lot of champs.