Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

MPen SudoMundo?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

05-29-2011

Cleaver..

Should I get Mpen? I'm thinking that Haunted Guise seems like a pretty good match for the guy--MPen, HP, a smidgen of AP to ...I don't know, make Burning Agony burn ever so slightly brighter?

Zauren

05-30-2011

That's silly. If you want an AoE damage over time tank, go play Amumu. His cleaver is physical and doesn't benefit from mpen.

...guess that's all there is to say on the matter.

DoransTroll

05-30-2011

Are you sure it's physical damage? Wiki and leaguecraft claims it's magical damage.
Being a beta tester myself, I know that all skills (except Parrrley) used to be magic damage. Seeing as Mundo is an original cast, I would think that it should also be magic damage.

And no, I don't plan on making him a tank. It's just that the guy works well with HP, so it's clearly a stat that should be stacked. But is it worth it to have MPen over AD/more HP?

Valthan

05-30-2011

Mundo's cleaver is magic damage, and MPen runes do have a rather noticable effect early game. Not worth the item slots, tho.

DoransTroll

05-30-2011

I figured it wouldn't be worth a slot by itself either, which is why I thought it might work better if I can tag it on to an item with good stat for him (HP) too.

Larson McMurphy

05-30-2011

Over the course of a game Mundo does a huge amount of magic damage, but unfortunately most of it is to minions with burning agony. If you really want to be able to focus down enemy carries with masochism I'd say its more beneficial to emphasize physical attacks with Mundo.

Adaelphon Delat

Recruiter

05-30-2011

To me it seems having mpen would mainly benefit his early game poking. So the red mpen runes would be great. However, for sustained damage AD would probably work better. I wouldn't itemize for mpen, but I have seen Mundos who take runes for it before.

Kuryaka

05-30-2011

Might want some mPen early game, but AS/tanky seems to be the best for my Mundo games this week. He already does an insane amount of damage with Cleaver ranked earlygame, but the damage doesn't scale that well. So you're better off getting in their faces with perma-Masochism and stuff.

guptee

05-30-2011

with mundo AS runes are better. His cleaver is much better used as an initiating shot/harass and does a lot of damage lvl 3 onwards. but real laning comes from w and e. that damage increase with E is soo good. But yeah after rushing the Warmog its w all the way.