Teemo's Hidden Passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

I swear to god whenever I play against a Teemo and he pops out and starts to attack me, it ALWAYS feels like I am moving slower (slightly) than my normal move speed.

Every single time I'm like "Dam he has a Frozen Mallet already?" or "That stinks, we let him get lizard" only to figure out that he doesn't have any of these and somehow still manages to slow me.

He doesn't have Rylai's either. It always seems to be DPS Teemo anyways (Not that I see too many AP regardless, but yea just cutting that option out).

So:
-I didn't hit a mushroom
-He didn't have lizard buff
-He didn't have Frozen Mallet
-He didn't have Rylai's
-I didn't have any slow animation or debuff
-I cannot confirm if my movement speed number actually went down or not (usually forget to check)

Seriously though, I went against one last night and I mean obviously it isn't game changing but it's annoying if there is a hidden passive. Anyways, even a kid I was playing with who never played Teemo was CONVINCED that Teemo had a passive slow or something like that because he noticed the the exact same thing.

Maybe it's one of his moves causing lag which makes it seem like we are going slow? Who knows, either way honestly does anyone else notice this with Teemo and does a Dev want to maybe comment on if there is a hidden passive on him?

Looking at another post of a "Teemo Remake" JayceJa suggests:

Quote:
Poison Paralysis - Innate Passive (changes in BOLD)
Every time a unit takes damage from teemo, their movement speed is slowed 2% for 1.5 seconds, stacks up to 12 times, each stack refreshing the duration(each tick of poison damage counts individually)
Essentially I feel like there is a less powerful version of this hidden in Teemo's passive.

Saffire

03-23-2010

Open up a bot game, pick Teemo, select a bot, fire at bot and see if he slows down.

I've never noticed a slow effect, but I also usually blow him up before he does too much.

Timlankey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire View Post
Open up a bot game, pick Teemo, select a bot, fire at bot and see if he slows down.

I've never noticed a slow effect, but I also usually blow him up before he does too much.
I'm gonna but I never notice it playing Teemo only going against. I'm at work right now otherwise I would test it.

Forgot to note but it seems to only slow when he attacks while I am running away.

Techno Stud

03-23-2010

No, there is no slow. However we do like to use exhaust. Maybe your exhaust animations aren't showing up?

JayceJa

03-23-2010

next time you notice it, take a look at the numbers in the UI

was he chasing you hitting you, if so, him using move quick could make you seem slow in comparison

that or its psychological due to the sheer terror teemos voice and model commands

Timlankey

03-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4ce2BRkndWth View Post
No, there is no slow. However we do like to use exhaust. Maybe your exhaust animations aren't showing up?
Nah, it's not that much of a slow. It seems to only be very slightly like 5% slow or 8% slow.

I actually believe I was playing Sivir when it happened to slow me too. I'll try it again with Sivir once I am out of work but yea.

I'm pretty sure he had Flash/Teleport too btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
next time you notice it, take a look at the numbers in the UI

was he chasing you hitting you, if so, him using move quick could make you seem slow in comparison

that or its psychological due to the sheer terror teemos voice and model commands
That's what everyone on my team said. "It's because Teemo is fast so it looks like you are moving slow"

It may very well be true to be honest, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this as well. May simply be my brain messing with me.

Obliterate

Master Recruiter

03-23-2010

it's because the temmo turned on his w, quick scout or w/e, 30% movment increase just hit him once to put him out of the buff

inept

03-23-2010

he does have that high fallutin' move speed move, which will make you slow in comparison

survient

03-23-2010

The big thing is to watch your movespeed counter and see if it changes. His ability to move faster may make it seem like you're slower than you actually are.

Techno Stud

03-23-2010

Hmmm, well...I can tell you for a fact that he doesn't have a slow. I WISH he had a slow, but he doesn't.

A few things could be happening here:

1) His attack speed is very high at the beginning with the right runes and items
2) His move speed can make you SEEM slower by comparison
3) You could actually be experiencing a sort of psychological time warp due to the fact that you are running away in sheer terror and do not want to be killed by poison

Or maybe a combination of all three?